Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3: 5-6
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Mommy and Me II
These are some pics from the remainder of the week of swimming. I was doing really well keeping caught up and then lightning (we think) hit our Internet and it was down for over a week. Now, I am officially WAY behind. Anyways, life has been non stop around here and since I am still feeling really good we are just pushing forward. I blogged about day #1 of swimming here, and that is where I need to pick up. Day #2 was actually a little more difficult. Mrs. Brittany had spoken about day #3 being the most difficult because of an innate sense of fear and realization of what was going on but for us, that hit on day #2. Overall, L did really well she just didn't like to jump from the side anymore and put her face under. Day #3 and #4 were better but still, she would tell me "I can't" when it was time to jump to me from the side. Clay and I really worked on talking it up at home and keeping things really exciting before leaving in hopes of boosting her confidence. On the last day, Friday, parents and/or grandparents were allowed to come and watch and I would have to say that things were going just fabulously until about the last 10 minutes. Clay was there to watch and take pics along with video and she was really showing off her new skills and being such a little fish until the end. Then, all h-e double hockey sticks broke loose. She would not do anything I asked her and was screaming her head off. I really felt like mom of the year by the end. I refused to give up on her so I continued to press on through the screaming. She had not acted like this before but I knew her fear was real. It just broke by heart and I was so worried she would hate me by the time we got out of the water. luckily, she did not and proceeded to tell me she had fun and she said she wanted to come back the next day. Thank goodness that was not necessary but I am glad I didn't scar her for life! We have some fabulous video of all of it and I just may include it. I guess we will both look back on it one day and laugh. I sure hope so at least!!
ready for day #2 of swimming :)
ready for day #4
Mommy and L before the final day
starting with the stations to get them warmed up to the water
floating in the pool
using the pink noodle to kick her legs
blowing bubbles
jumping off the side!!
kicking across the pool from one station to another!
showing off her skills, jumping off the side, cheek dip, head under water, monkey walk (this is just before she exploded)
the side of L no one else gets to see :)
By the way, that's not Lilliana crying the entire time, just in the beginning. It was nice to watch this video because at the time I thought my child was the only one screaming but this just proves that was NOT the case!!
LOVE the pictures. Clay did a great job capturing the 2 of you and the essence of swim lessons. She was definitely not the only one crying. She did great and so did you!
Ellison did great in swim lessons too, but I had to work through a few little crying spells too. Our instructor called it, wanting control and she totally did! Ellison loves the water but she also loves doing what she wants to do in it. We worked through it though and I think you did wonderful at it. I must say, I loved your look at Clay. "Like, fabulous..isn't this just great!". I give that look to Jason all the time. AND, you look great!
2 comments:
LOVE the pictures. Clay did a great job capturing the 2 of you and the essence of swim lessons. She was definitely not the only one crying. She did great and so did you!
Ellison did great in swim lessons too, but I had to work through a few little crying spells too. Our instructor called it, wanting control and she totally did! Ellison loves the water but she also loves doing what she wants to do in it. We worked through it though and I think you did wonderful at it. I must say, I loved your look at Clay. "Like, fabulous..isn't this just great!". I give that look to Jason all the time. AND, you look great!
Post a Comment