This week has been somewhat low key. On Monday after a long night a work I had a meeting at Lilliana school with the Parent's Committee that helps put together events for the teachers and helps with the organization of everything PDO. I was thrilled when they called to ask me if I wanted to be on it this year, something about it just made me feel like more of a "real" mom. Not sure what, I think this is just the first step in all those fun things like room mom responsibilities that will be had in the future! After that, I had a meeting at work for the new position I had taken on there with the ECMO team so when I finally arrived home just after 2:30 I was more than spent!! I had been awake since early Sunday morning and was ready for a little shut eye. Luckily, Clay was able to pick up L from school and they had a little play time before waking Mommy up so we could enjoy some dinner.
On Tuesday, Lilliana and I had a little play date at our house with our good friends the Whitsell's. Lilliana and Clark are only about 2 weeks apart and you could definitely tell in their mannerisms. They are both at the same stage and were not a huge fan of sharing all of the toys but after an hour or so, they started playing really well together. Kirsten and I enjoyed a yummy lunch of creamy Italian chicken with a fruit salad and then after some play time outside it was time for naps.
On Wednesday, L had school and after a trip to the gym I went to see one of my good friends from work that recently had a baby and bring her some Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Although Bryn slept the entire time I was there it was time to catch up with Shanna and see her little angel. Clay had spent the day studying at the library in preparation for his upcoming LSAT review courses that start in June, so Lilliana and I met him at a new Mexican restaurant for an early dinner. It's called Las Delicias and it is so good and cheap too! We were recently introduced by some of our good friends and now every time we go we tend to see other people there we know. If you live in Memphis, you must try it!!
On Thursday, we had planned for a low-key day at home. Lilliana and I ventured out to go to storytime but I got a text from work about 15 minutes after we got there and I was needed to help put a kid on ECMO. I rushed home and left L with Clay and quickly changed before heading into the hospital. It went pretty uneventful and I was home just shortly after 5:00. I know I will enjoy those 5 hours of time and a half on my next pay check!!
Today, we did have a low key day at home. Clay headed to the library again to get in some good studying but not before giving me my 2nd 17OHP injection!! He did a fabulous job and I told him I barely even felt it this time. He was really nervous and acted as if he was going to chicken out at first but I think it was just nerves. 2 down only 18 more to go (we hope). Nana was heading out our direction so she brought us some lunch from Chick-fil-A when she came by for a visit. We both took naps and then had some dinner before I headed into work for the evening. Tomorrow, Mom is coming over again to watch L so that I can get some sleep and Clay can play some softball. It's been a while since he's been able to so since Mom was able to come watch Lilliana for me we decided it was the perfect opportunity. Here's hoping for an uneventful night tonight and to a nice day with the family tomorrow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment