Friday, May 07, 2010

Greek Festival

Today Lilliana and I went to Greek Festival over at Memphis Greek Orthodox Church. One of the physicians that I work with goes to church there and had some free tickets and so I thought it would be something fun for Lilliana and I to do while Dadda was playing golf. When we first arrived Lilliana immediately noticed the bouncy houses so that is where we headed first. She had such a great time and was in there more than 30 minutes when all of a sudden there was a generator failure and the whole house collapsed! I was so thankful that one of the workers had just gone into jump with her so she was able to quickly pick her up and come out the back. I think it was a little scary for L at first because she kept talking about it but it didn't stop her from going back.

We decided to take a little break after all the commotion and grab a bite to eat. Lilliana said she wanted chicken so I ordered us a chicken gyro and we both really enjoyed it. I was a little nervous at first that she wouldn't eat it but she just kept calling it a taco, which she loves so she didn't have any complaints. We had noticed the snow cone stand while we were in the bouncy houses so we headed that direction before making our way back to the fun and enjoyed splitting a strawberry and grape flavored snow cone.

After all our eating we enjoyed some more fun on the slide and bounce house before heading home for naps. It was such a great day and Lilliana seemed to really enjoy herself. She kept telling me on the way home that she wanted to jump. Maybe I can find her one of those jump houses for the yard. I'm sure her Dadda would be thrilled!!

No comments: