Monday, May 17, 2010
He did it!
Yes, Clay was able to give me my 17 OHP shot successfully and didn't even feel the slightest bit faint before! I was actually pretty worried about it to tell you the truth because Clay has only 3 fears in this world and they are needles, pickles and chewed gum in that order. I know weird, I think so too. Anyways, he did great. When we first got to the office I asked him if he was nervous and he told me he didn't want to talk about it. Then, when the nurse brought us back to a room, she started talking about making sure he missed my sciatic nerve, getting the injection in my gluteus maximus muscle and aspirating the needle before injecting the med. Clay just stopped her mid sentence and asked what everything she had just said meant in non-medical terms! I got a little worried at that point that she would feel he wasn't qualified and would tell Dr. W that it would be best for me to come into the office but she didn't and just kept on going. After asking about 100 questions Clay was ready to do the deed and was quite quick if I say so myself. The nurse told him to not go so quickly the next time and that it wasn't necessary for him to have held the needle so far back before giving me the shot but overall he did well. He still tells me that he's not 100% sure he is going to do it every week but I told him that I have confidence in him! 1 down, hopefully 19 more to go!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment