Well, now that I am just over half way in this pregnancy, things are really starting to feel "real". Of course, in my situation, only God knows how much longer I will be pregnant and the day this little bundle of joy is going to grace us with their presence. I still don't really have an inkling one way or another about whether it is a boy or a girl. In the beginning I really thought it was a boy because I was so sick and was not really sick with L but now I am beginning to have my doubts. Lilliana still calls the baby "Larry" so that is what we are calling it for now. Don't worry, that will not be it's name in the end! :)
So far things are going pretty good with "Baby Larry". I have been feeling good, although there is a small amount of nausea that has graced me lately. Not sure what that's about but it seems to hit in the morning. I still have my trusty Zofran though and I have tried just taking a half of a tablet to see if that will hold me off and so far so good. I feel like a house already although I think I have only gained about 11 pounds. Unfortunately, I am gaining weight all over and not just in my belly which is exactly what I did with L. That is what makes me think maybe it's another little girl.
This baby is extremely active already just like it's big sister. I remember at times thinking that Lilliana was trying to crawl out of my body because she was moving so much. Of course those little jabs and kicks are just sweet at this point since the baby isn't that big yet. I feel like I may be having some irritability a couple times a day but otherwise I think that's it for now. Of course, I don't expect to have a perfect pregnancy and after talking with my doctor so much while pregnant with L, she told me most people have some contractions / irritability throughout their pregnancies but may not even realize it. I am just so in tune to my body and so small I seem to feel and know everything that's going on.
Lilliana loves to kiss on "Baby Larry" and asks about it constantly. She still thinks she has a baby in her belly and has been practicing a lot with her baby dolls. We are getting ready to work on her Big Girl room, which used to be Clay's office. We are going to paint it pink and I found her a precious little coverlet from Company Kids that I think will go just perfectly. She seems really excited and is telling everyone about her new pink room. Hopefully the transition to a twin bed will go as easily as the transition went to her toddler bed.
I am trying to rest as much as I can at night but I am also trying to enjoy every single minute I have with just my little love and I. There are times when we are rocking and singing at night and I just want to cry thinking about the fact that soon she is going to have a sibling to have to share everything with. It just breaks my heart although I know a sibling is one of the most precious gifts I can give her. I just wonder how I will ever love another little baby like I love Lilliana and how I will have the time to do the things I love to do with my little love after the baby arrives. I just don't want L to miss out on life or have any regrets if I can help it. We have been keeping ourselves so busy during the week doing all sorts of special activities with just the 2 of us. I am trying to cherish this precious time that we have left and enjoy my life with L as an only child.
She is such a special child and means more to me than life itself!!
No comments:
Post a Comment