Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A 2nd look

Today I headed to the Maternal Fetal Specialist for a 2nd look at Baby "Larry's" heart. I decided to let Lilliana go with me because I really want her to be as involved as possible with this baby and she is so incredibly excited at this point I just couldn't tell her little puppy dog eyes no. She did really good with the waiting and got lots of stickers from the nurses for being a good girl while we were there. Definitely changes the experience though, not nearly as enjoyable worrying about what she was doing the whole time while I was laid up on the ultrasound table! Although she was watching the baby on the screen she also wanted to watch Mickey Mouse on my phone, which I conveniently was ready for and had it next to me but then about 10 minutes later she decided she also wanted my snack. I told her she would have to find it in my purse so she proceeded to take everything out of there and place it in the floor during her search. Silly girl, at least she cleaned it up like I said and after finding her Princess gummy snacks she was set for the rest of the scan. She loved hearing the babies heartbeat and wanted to hear it again and again. She still talks about the noise the babies heart makes. I just love her so much.

Well, all that to say, everything looked just perfect once again! I was so busy with L that I didn't even have the time to realize that I maybe was a little bit anxious. So thankful for her little life and the way God has used her time and time again to control my anxiety this pregnancy. Baby is measuring about 2 weeks AHEAD of schedule and for probably the first and only time of it's life, I was told it's a pretty big baby!! It is already weighing about 1 lb. 4 oz. and moving and kicking around just perfectly.

I hate that I didn't get any pics while we were there but since it was just L and I (Clay was working on some LSAT stuff) I just didn't have the time. We are really starting to get excited about this new little blessing and I am trying to get Clay motivated to work on L's new room. She is still constantly talking about the fact we are painting it pink and seems really thrilled. Lets just hope it continues until the big move and even further! I don't think ever blogged about my fabulous find on her room a couple month's ago. I was looking online for a little white Jenny Lind twin size bed. Well, after lots and lots of research, I was completely unsuccessful because the only one I found was at a website and it cost $499.00!! You have got to be kidding me, I was NOT paying that for a bed for my 2 year old. Anyways, I decided to check on craigslist and amazingly, I found just what I was looking for, and I got 2 of them!! They are an antique brown color and I got them for a steal of $180.00 for BOTH!! I plan to actually keep the brown and I can't wait till the day that I can put both of those precious little Jenny Lind beds in her room. Whether it's for a precious little sister or even a best friend. It is what I have always wanted and although we don't have the room for both of them or need them both at this time I just couldn't pass up this deal. I also found her a brown rocking chair while I was at it for $35.00 to place in there. We have a nice rocker in her room at this time and since she still loves to rock, I wanted to get her something for her new room. I am by no means making her give up this precious little night time routine anytime soon so I knew I wanted something special (and cheap) for her new big girl room. Clay was really impressed with my findings, as was I, because I so easily forget about Craigslist and it's convenience. I promise to post some pics once it's on it's way from manly Tiger Blue, as it stands now to Ballerina Pink! Oh yeah and here is a pic of her bedding I found. I didn't love it at first but I think it will work out just perfectly once everything comes together, and well, Lilliana thinks it's just the greatest and that's what really matter anyways, right?

No comments: