Sunday, June 13, 2010

2 1/2

That's how old Lilliana turned today and it just blows my mind that she is on her way to being 3!! She is the sweetest, most precious, most enduring child I have ever met. I'm being serious when I say that. Clay and I are so incredibly blessed by her life and I can't imagine a single minute without her. She is so loving and is constantly telling me how sweet I am and how much she loves me. I just love that characteristic about her. She wears her heart on her sleeve and just loves with such generosity.

I would love to attribute her precious little heart to the fact that I didn't let her cry herself to sleep when she was a baby and didn't make her self soothe, but I don't really know for sure. For all I know, she could be this same way had I done things differently. All that to say, there are times when I think I am going to do a lot of things differently this next time but then I realize that I like the way Lilliana has turned out thus far. :)

Yesterday we celebrated Lilliana's 2 1/2 birthday with a yummy breakfast of ham and cheese eggs, toast with jelly and bacon. Then we got ready and headed to ballet class #2. Again, she had a great time and besides the little incident where she was picking her nose in front of everyone, she did great! She loves going to class and is so sad when it's time for it to be over. After class, we headed to Davis Kidd to play with the trains and read some books before storytime with Mrs. Marjorie. We haven't been able to go during the week lately because we have been so busy with other things. This is the first time L has sat still the entire time during the story just sitting at Mrs. Marjorie's feet intently listening.

Clay went and picked up her cookie cake I had ordered while we were there and then headed to watch the soccer game while L and I played some more at Davis Kidd and then made a quick trip to Target before heading home for lunch. After lunch and naps, I packed us a picnic dinner and we headed to meet Clay at Lenny's so we could pick up the remainder of our dinner before heading to the kids concert at the Levitt Shell. Some friends at work had told me about it a few weeks ago and it was FABULOUS! Lilliana had a great time just running and dancing all around. We will definitely be going back and enjoying these free concerts the rest of the summer.

I am so thankful for my little miracle and can't believe she has already been in my life for 2 1/2 years. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for her in the future and I know she is going to make such an amazing big sister.

I love you soooo much Lilliana and I look forward to many fun memories to come!

No comments: