Thursday, May 13, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Books

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Today over at Kelly's blog she is doing a tour about books you love. Well, I would be lying if I said I have always been an avid reader. It really wasn't until I got out of school and I was able to read what I wanted in the length of time that I chose where reading really became fun to me. Now, I LOVE to read and I am typically always in the midst of 2 or 3 novels at once. Below are some of my favorites. I LOVE anything by Karen Kingsbury and read about 15 of her books while I was on bedrest with Lilliana. I think she is such a fabulous author and I feel like I can actually learn something and fell better about myself after reading something from her. My mom was the one that got me into reading these Christian fiction novels and now I can't put them down!



Currently I am reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Now, this is quite the change from my typical Christian fiction but sadly, I am hooked. One of my best friends got me started reading these and although I am only on the 2nd book (out of 7 very long books). I hope to be able to continue and eventually finish her series. I am really interested in learning about the history that takes place in these books and the main character is a nurse by trade so that makes it really neat.








I've also read some by Francine River's and they go along more with what I am used to reading and I love them too. I have read, "The Atonement Child", "Redeeming Love" and I think some other's that I just can't remember the titles of right now. I just got my mom, "A Mother's Hope" for Mother's Day and would love to read that one when she is done.

Reading has become such a haven for me and I just love a good book. One of my favorite things to do is go outside and rock in the rocking chair while L naps and read a good book. Not much better, besides doing so on the beach!!

1 comment:

Beth McC. said...

Great PIcks! I added a few to my list!