Monday, May 24, 2010

Our Day ...

This morning after getting home from work, Clay helped me get Lilliana ready for her first day of swimming lessons. I was a little nervous about how she would act, but we had really talked about it a lot lately and she seemed super excited. I was so impressed with how well she did! She was such a little fish and did pretty much anything Mrs. Brittany asked her to do. I'm hoping the rest of the week will go as well. I am just so glad she loves the water like her Momma.

I will say, Clay was a little hesitant for me to do them again this year because he just didn't see the big deal and thought that it didn't really matter until she could truly learn to swim. Well, while we were watching The Today Show this morning before we left, they did the most perfect excerpt that spoke about the importance of starting children in swimming lessons early in order for them to learn water safety. The AAP is now recommending you to speak with your pediatrician to find the best time for starting each individual child but suggests it much earlier than in the past. Now there's no more arguments about the importance of teaching L early. I see near drownings all the time this time of year in the PICU so it didn't take much to sell me but Clay was another story!


ready for day #1 of swimming lessons!


Momma and her little love (please excuse the look of sheer exhaustion on my face)

1 comment:

Cameron and Rachel said...

Hey! I came across your blog from another blog and was wondering where she takes swimming lessons. She is adorable.