So I am sure many of you who read my blog also read Kelly's Korner blog. When I stopped by there earlier today I noticed she had a post that contained this song and I had never heard it before. It is such a great song and I am sure rings true for all too many people. For me, fertility has never been a problem and something I am so very thankful for, but for almost 2 years I had such a longing for a child. It would make me angry when I heard stories of people who just happened to get pregnant , or those that would come into the hospital and have 4-5 kids and not even care for them properly. I also really struggled when some of my friends constantly complained about their troublesome child or that they were so sick of this or that. I just wanted to scream "at least you HAVE a child to drive you crazy!" For the most part, I kept it together and just continued to pray daily that the Lord would provide for Clay and I in His perfect timing and that I would be able to carry a baby to term. To be honest, I had pretty specific prayer requests and kinda felt that it was necessary to tell God exactly what it was I wanted ... a healthy baby, full term baby, no pregnancy complications, and a peace to get through it all. I know there were even more specifics but I just can't remember them at this time. I am not sure why I felt I needed to be so specific, I knew deep down that He knew exactly what I needed and would provide for me but I guess I just felt that it was my way of controlling things in the best way I knew how.
I try my hardest now, not to take anything for granted. I enjoy every single day that I am given with Lilly and I pray that I am given a lifetime. I don't want to have any regrets and wish I would have done one thing or another more. Hence, one of the reasons why we still rock at nap and bedtime. :) I actually LOVE this time and cuddling with her. I know that there will be a time soon when she doesn't want her Momma around and all though it will probably completely break my heart, I just try to cherish every minute I have with her now when she wants me and me above everyone else. I would be lying if I told you it bugs me that she doesn't want to be away from me. Of course, it does get old at times when all I am trying to do is grab something from the back room or run outside to the mailbox and she has a total meltdown, but it also makes my heart swell. I love the way she loves me! She is my heart, and I love her more and more each day and can't imagine a single minute without her in my life!!
There are so many women in the world today hoping and praying for a baby for one reason or another. Please join me in praying for these precious women who have that longing that I myself had not long ago. Being a mother is the most amazing, wonderful, fulfilling, lifechanging, hardest, but best jobs I have ever had. I can't imagine my life without my precious Lilliana and look forward to the day she is able to meet her big brother Cooper in Heaven. Oh, how empty my arms once were and how amazingly full they are now. God is so good, all the time! Just in His perfect timing :)
4 comments:
Melody, I have to admit that I haven't read your blog in a while. I don't know why, but I lost touch. I used to read it so often. My sister ,Whitney, called today to have me read your blog. Anyways, I'm not sure if you know my story, but reading your blog today, sure touched my heart in every way. I suffered 3 miscarriages before getting my sweet Ellison Reese. I didn't have trouble getting pregnant although I did have ovulation issues so I was with a fertility specialist. With Ellison, I had to give myself a shot in the stomach every day, take prescription folic acid and go to the doctor so often with lots of ultra sounds and non-stress test! Finally in January, I became a Mom...the best job ever! My Elli Reese is also a Momma's girl. Just maybe it's because she knows how long I prayed for her and how much I cherished my pregnancy and now her in my life! Thank you for reminding me today, how much I love being a Mom, how long we waited and how it is truly a miracle! Your blog entry and this video brought tears! Kriston Tandy Wilson
I love you honey. You are the best mommy in the world, and Lilliana is soooooo lucky to have you as her Mommy and Clay as her daddy.
It has been a long time since I have felt the pain of knowing I would never have a child. I am still crying after having watched this video. After eight years of infertility and KNOWING that I would never have a baby, I now have 3 little boys...Jason 7 (IVF), Ryan 6 (IVF), Adam 4 (spontaneous conception after starting Glucophage). It seems like a lifetime ago of daily lab tests and multi drug injections each day. It seems like a lifetime ago I held my kitty cat in my arms as I cried and cried for a baby of my own. And now, I have these three little boys, who get on my last nerve at least once a day...and I am so glad that I have them, and I wouldn't trade all the frustration of having these three little boys for the frustration of not being able to have children. Thank you for the reminder.
carolynn Lay
Hey girl I've given you a bloggy award, well actually two. You can choose one or both it's up to you. I loved that post. I hope you are having a great day.
Post a Comment