Tuesday, April 14, 2009

16 month's young!



I know I say this every month but I can't believe my little baby is already 16 month's young! She is just so darn stinkin cute, of course I am biased, but just melts my heart daily. We have definitely continued our phase with some 'tude but that is not too surprising to me. I have a feeling this is just the beginning and is going to only get worse the closer to 2 we get. She is of course MY child, what do I expect! :) At least I can laugh while admitting it!

Naps are slowly starting to get better. We are still taking 2 a day and having a lot of trouble transitioning to 1. Not sure if that's going to really happen any time soon. She actually seems to take a better morning nap than she does her afternoon nap within the last couple weeks. Not sure what's up with that but I guess at least she is getting her naps in. A third tooth has started to poke through this month and it's on the top again! That brings the count up to 3 on the top and 0 on the bottom. She fit the part perfectly at Easter with her 2 front teeth, just like a little Easter bunny! :)

Just so I don't forget, I wanted to say that she is still wearing anywhere from size 6 mos. - 12 month clothing and is in size 3 diapers. Still tiny, but full of spunk. You know, they always say, great things come in small packages! :)

New things my little 16 month old can say ...

cheeeese = cheese (when smiling for the camera)
ookie = cookie (she has a sweet tooth just like her Momma)
og = dog
pik = pink
Cay = Clay
Dew = Drew
Wison = Wilson
yes = yes
no = no, typically multiple no's :)
Nana = Nana
Poppie = Poppie
Aggie = Maggie
Jese = Jesus
babe = baby
Mout = mouth
nose = nose
sue = shoe
tank ew = thank you
pees = please
weeee = swinging on a swing
gil = girl
bo = boy
Bob = Bob (from her new book 15 Animal's by Sandra Boynton)
Uh-Oh (anytime she drop's something whether on purpose or by accident)
up = cup

This is all I can remember right now, I feel like there are some that I am missing. She is so full of personality and when she is around Clay and I, is such a chatty Cathy. She still tends to me shy around other's and doesn't typically like to perform on the spot but we are working on it. She loves to play Momma with her doll's and stroll them around in her baby stroller. She loves her best friend, and future husband, Wilson and her eye's light up when he comes over to play. :) She also LOVES to read books and could do so all day long. Her new favorites are 15 Animals and and book that had pop up pages. Her separation anxiety hasn't made much of an improvement and too be honest feels like it is worse at times. She is so attached to me and I would be lying if I said it bothers me. I love how much she loves me but it does get old at times. It just makes it so much harder to leave her places and with other's when she's as clingy as she is.

We have ventured out when it comes to meal time more within the last month. Her newest favorite is my homemade lasagna. She loves it and I am so glad that she is able to eat some of the same things that we do. She still loves Trish's creamy Italian chicken, and could eat macaroni and cheese with every meal! She enjoys sharing my Special K cereal with me in the mornings or pretty much anything I eat these days. She had her first taste of Chocolate milk this month and loved that too.

She has done pretty good our time-out form of discipline lately and will actually stay where I put her when I tell her she's in time-out! I was actually pretty surprised myself and figured she would just immediately get up but she really seems to understand the concept. When she does something she's not supposed to or throws her food on the ground like she enjoys doing she gets warned at least once if not 2 or 3 times and then has to go to time-out for 1-2 minutes. You are supposed to do time-out for one minute per age so we just go between 1-2 minutes.

We have established a pretty good schedule, I mean routine for our weekly activities. :) We attempt to get to the gym 4-5 days a week somewhere between 8:30 - 9:00 am and get home for her morning nap. On Tuesday's we do art projects and on Wednesday's go to church. Thursday's are our busy days with gym, storytime, and lunch. This is the day we don't get a morning nap but she is still pleasant but completely exhausted by her afternoon nap. On Friday's we attempt the park, Zoo, or Children's Museum. We stay busy but I try to just stay focused on Lilliana. Of course there are times where we just like to stay in our PJ's all day and I don't have a problem with that either. I just love the fact that I am able to be here with her everyday and not miss any of these important times.

Love her more and more each day and can't wait to see her each morning when we wake up!

No comments: