Otherwise, we have had a great month together. Sister continues to fall in love with you more and more each day as do your Daddy and I. I love to see her precious expression every morning when I bring you into the living room after we wake. She just beams with joy and can't wait to get her little hands on you! She will typically call out, "there's my Ham-bone"! I just love the way she adores you so. I can really tell that you adore her just as much because she was gotten more smiles out of you than anyone else.
What things are you up to these days; you are wearing size 0-3 or 3 month clothing and size 1 diapers. You were 10 lb. 9 ounces at your 2 month appointment and were such a brave little boy when you had to get your shots. Although you did cry, so did your Mommy so we both soothed each other when it was over. I just hate having to give you those silly vaccines but know they are oh so necessary. It just breaks my heart to see you cry. You were also 23 inches long and are in the 50-75% for weight and height!! Your daddy was so proud and wants me to plot and frame this milestone because we are sure will never be in this percentile of growth again!! You don't have the best genes to be a very big boy :)
Your skin is pretty sensitive just like your sister's was at this age and so I just switched to using Aquaphor baby wash and lotion since you seemed to keep a little rash on your body after using the Johnson's all natural products. I know it's probably just because you are so young right now but there's not much better than a clean, good smelling baby! On that note, you are NOT a fan of bath time and typically cry the whole time. Little Love will just sit there and sing to you and ask why you are crying over and over, it is quite joyful. Not really! I do plan to put you in the big tub with her soon and see if you are happier there since you love her so much.
You are still waking up and eating about every 3 hours even through the night but you have given me a couple of 4 or 5 hour stretches every once in a while. I don't mind it though because you are so happy during the night. Although you cry a lot during the day, your little tummy doesn't seem to bother you at night and you don't have nearly the problems you do during the day. During this last week of month 2, I placed you in your crib at night on your newborn lounger. You seem to sleep much better and don't grunt and groan nearly as much as you did when I had you in the Moses basket. I honestly think you were uncomfortable laying flat and by placing you upright on the lounger you are more comfortable after a feeding. You are such a good eater and I am so thankful for that. You are also a fairly quick nurser and will take a bottle like a champ.
You really are such a joy and I can't imagine a single minute without you in our lives. Your daddy already has such big plans for you and I just love to see my 2 men together. I love you so much and look forward to waking up to your little chunky self every morning!!
No comments:
Post a Comment