Monday, November 01, 2010

1 month

Dear Littlest Love,

I can't believe you are already 1 month old. It seems like the time has flown by even more so than it did with your sister! We have loved having you in our little family and I already can't imagine a single minute without you. I would be lying if I didn't say that I was concerned about how my heart could love anyone like I did your sister but to be honest, I guess it has just doubled in size. I love you so much and you really complete our family, (we think).

You are such a happy little baby and not really all that little anymore. When we went for your 2 week check-up you were weighing in at 6 lb. 10 oz and then when we went back the following week you were all the way up to 7 lb. 7 oz! I was just floored with your rapid growth and Dr. W was very impressed. I think you are going to be bigger than your sister was but we will just have to see. You are wearing newborn and 0-3 month clothing as well as size 1 diapers. Our Tiny G diapers didn't last nearly as long as I had anticipated! I would guess at this point that you are about 8 pounds which is a 3 pound weight gain since leaving the hospital!

You are such a happy baby and pretty easy going. You sleep really well in your Moses Basket and we are eating every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. You will sleep through anything at this point which is really great since sister is so loud and NEVER stops talking! :) I was hoping when you were inside of me that you would get used to her precious little voice and that it wouldn't disrupt your sleeping habits. You love to be swaddled and only seem to get frustrated at night some times. We have struggled with some reflux this month, and you will cry at times from late afternoon until the evening but just last week we started on some meds and I think they are starting to work. It just breaks this Mommas heart to hear you crying because when you do, I know it's because you are hurting.

Your sister absolutely LOVES you to death. She thinks you are her baby and she loves to just tickle your little toes and kiss your head. It is the most precious and heart warming thing to see her with you. I can tell that you really love her also because you will typically stop crying if she sings to you or gives you your pacifier. I know that in time, you will be the best of friends :) She just loves it when I pick her up at school and bring you with me and she just loves to show you off to everyone she knows.

You have brought us more joy than I ever thought a little boy could do and although you have graced me with lots of bodily fluids within the last month, I wouldn't trade you for the world. You are so much fun already and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for your life! I'm just praying that your Daddy and I will raise you to love the Lord and place Him first above everything else.

I love you little Ham-bone and can't wait to snuggle your little stinky self every morning!!

Love,
Momma



3 comments:

Kelly Ussery said...

Oh Melody, he is so adorable! Your family is so beautiful :) God is so good!!

carole said...

My sweet daughter - you were sooooo meant to be a mommy, and what a precious mommy you are! God has abundantly blessed you and I am humbled beyond belief. Reading your thoughts just makes me swell with pride, and I am so thankful to have you as a daughter. As is always the case, I am laughing out loud and crying out loud when I read your blog. Our God is an awesome God. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Melody! You are such a great Mom and I think that everytime I read your blog. I hope that I can be as great of a Mom to 2, as you are! You are already doing so great at addressing things just for L and just for H! Great work, Momma!