Friday, October 24, 2008

Sick again!!

Well, Miss Priss started having some trouble sleeping through the night about this time last week. I should know by now that when she does this she isn't just trying to pester me but that something is off with her. Along with the frequent night waking, she was also congested and had a runny nose. At first I figured it was just due to the weather changes here in Memphis but after it lasting almost a full week I decided to cave and take her into the Pediatrician's office today. Well, low and behold, she has another ear infection. In both ears again!! This is her 3rd in 10 month's. I was informed that in order to need tubes they must have 7 in 1 years time span so I am glad we are no where near that point.

After talking with Dr. S. we decided to place her back on Amoxicillin which I was very in favor of since it is FREE at Schnucks and her last dose of Omnicef cost us more than $50.00 for the generic! So thankful for the list of free antibiotics that are offered! It is wonderful. :)

We will do the Amoxil twice a day for 10 days and hopefully by Tuesday she will start to feel better.

Update: One thing I forgot to mention is the face that Lilliana has gained 12 ounces since her 9 month check-up so that is great. Dr. K wasn't worried about her weight when we went at 9 month's but since she had only gained 1 pound in the last 3 month's I was a little worried. I was pleasantly surprised today when I placed her on the scales :)

No comments: