Tuesday, October 14, 2008

10 month's young!

On Monday, my little angel turned 10 month's young! I feel like every month is going by more quickly than the last and there are times when I wish I could just bottle it up and keep her in the exact stage she is in currently. She is just so much fun and such a joyous child to be around. This month Lilliana really started pulling up on everything and has become such a quick little cruiser. I used to be able to run into the kitchen and fix myself a drink or something but now I can't leave her for a single second. She has started following me all over the house if I try to leave a room and we are definitely facing some serious separation anxiety. She doesn't really like to be left with other's especially if it's me handing her over. :)

She is doing much better riding in the car although we still have our moments where she is just not a fan! I feel like she has finally started gaining some weight because she is eating much better these days. She loves to feed herself and we go through puffs and yogurt melts like crazy. I have recently learned that I must feed her baby food prior to giving her any finger foods because she LOVES to shake her head "no" and will do so repeatedly and not open for a bite if she is given finger foods first. It took a while for me to realize this because she is such a sneaky little stinker but I think I am finally figuring out at least some of her little quirks!

She is still not a great napper and really only naps well when it is with me! We have been working on this diligently but so far daytime naps aren't going so great. The thing is, she really doesn't get in a bad mood during the day and at times can go an entire day with only a couple cat naps. At times, I feel like I need more sleep than she feels she does!! She does sleep wonderful at night and will usually sleep until around 7ish in the morning. I plan to continue to work on the nap situation because I know she needs more sleep whether she thinks so or not.

Before I know it we will be celebrating the big 1st birthday and I just can't believe it. She has been the greatest gift I could ever had asked for and we thank God for her each new day.

No comments: