Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Clay!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Clay,
Happy Birthday to you!

Today Clay celebrated his 28th birthday. We went to the Germantown Commissary for dinner, one of his favorite barbeque places to eat around here, and then rounded out the evening at the Memphis Zoo, for the annual Zoo Boo. All of the proceeds go to LeBonheur Children's Hospital, where I work in the PICU. Since St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is also in Memphis, LeBonheur doesn't get much publicity so I am happy to support them in the few opportunities that are available.





Following dinner we heading to the Zoo and had a wonderful time. They had certain exhibits open and there were many stations where candy was passed out along with magic shows, costume contests and a haunted hayride. We really enjoyed ourselves and I think Lilliana did too. We were out WAY past her bedtime in order to attend Zoo Boo, but she was a trooper the whole time. At the magic show, there were bubbles and Lilliana couldn't get enough. She thought they were so great, I think I am going to have to get some for the house to entertain her on those cool rainy days we have coming up!















October 18th is also memorable for other reasons in our house. This is the day that Clay proposed to me 5 years ago! It is also the day that we were admitted to the hospital at 24 weeks when I was in preterm labor with Cooper in 2006. This is the day that our lives were completely turned upside down with the possibility of a VERY pre-term child. On the way to the OB's office we had no idea what was in store for our little family but we learned fairly quickly upon arriving. Although God has placed us through many trials in the last few years we just cling to the fact that He is not going to give us more than we can handle and we trust Him with that promise.

No comments: