
Lilliana ready for the walk!

it was a little crowded in the beginning so
Nana picked up Maggie, she had to keep an
eye on her sissy though :)

Daddy strolling Lilliana

Daddy and Aunt Christy

Heather and Jonathan
What a true statement that is! Today Clay and I participated in our local March of Dimes walk, and we were able to walk with a stroller and a BABY. I was so excited and I just couldn't help but think the miraculous gifts God has given me in the last year. I had gotten a little down about the walk this year because I was feeling that I did not live up to the standards I had set before myself considering how well we did raising money last year for the walk. I know that we have had a busy year and for most of 2007 I was on bedrest trying to keep out little bundle of joy inside of me but I felt that we owed it to Cooper. Well when we woke up this morning and I was creeping around the house trying to get myself ready before Lilliana awoke I couldn't help but smile. I have so much to be thankful for and I know Cooper is so happy for us and where we are today. What really matters is that we do the walk in his memory and that we participate each year. Last year I had a lot of opportunities at work to raise money and considering that I have not worked since early September I just didn't feel like I could ask them for help again this year. My co-workers have been through so much with me and have been just so supportive and caring through it all. We did end up raising almost $1,000.00 this year which is totally amazing to me. Thank you so much to those of you who contributed as this is an organization that means a lot to Clay and I. We ended up with a beautiful day here in Memphis and really enjoyed the time we spent outside. Most of my family was there to walk with us, along with Clay's mom and an amazing couple from my Sunday School and their little boy. Of course Maggie came along with us this year and I think she spent more time in Lilliana's stroller than she did! Around 9:30, which wasn't far into the walk, it was time for Lilliana's nap. Well, (probably due to the fact that she rarely naps somewhere other than my arms) she was fussing in her stroller. Anyways, as soon as I got her out and put her in my sling she fell fast asleep and slept for the next hour. She was such a good sport, especially considering we were about an hour late for her 2nd feeding.
1 comment:
Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about your family on Saturday, and especially Cooper. I'm sure he was watching, proudly pointing out his parents and sister walking in his sweet memory.
I'm glad the day was successful, and I'm so thankful that God has poured His blessings out on you and Clay this past year.
Post a Comment