Thursday, April 24, 2008
Last night I went up to LeBonheur to see a precious family that I met through working in the PICU. They are from Aberdeen, MS and were up here for a procedure for their third son. I realized, while speaking with Amy, how much we have in common. You see, she too lost a baby due to a congenital heart defect. Baby Will passed away on July 30, 2005 and his life touched so many lives in the short time he was here. I took care of Will many times while he was in the PICU and his family really means a lot to me. After Cooper was diagnosed with TAPVR and passed shortly after Amy was so kind to me and we spoke on the phone multiple times, as she truly understands what it is like to go through something like this. I realized while talking to her that I am not completely crazy for the intense feelings of love and fear that I have for Lilliana. Her third son Drew was born just 5 day's after Lilliana and we both tend to parent in the same way's. It was just so refreshing to realize that after multiple years of rocking to sleep, never letting her boy's "cry it out", and catering to their every need, they turned out just fine. We both agreed that it is so easy to just give in after going through such trial's in life but all in all we just don't want to have regrets. We both realize the sanctity of life and that at any point in time our cherished possessions could be taken from us. Thanks Amy for such a great visit, and I look forward to staying in contact and watching the kids grow up together :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment