Sunday, March 27, 2011

What I'm loving right now ...

I have recently discovered this blog app for my iPhone and it has helped to make my life so much easier. I am so glad that I am now able to blog on my phone anytime I have a spare minute. Of course the picture quality is no where near as good as with my Nikon but at least I am getting some well deserved posts up in a semi timely fashion!!



I am also loving my new Nook Color. I had been looking into getting one for quite a while now and main thing holding me back was the feel of a good paperback in my hands. Well, although I am definitely not ready to give up regular old paperbacks anytime soon, this thing is so neat. I debated about which to get and whether the color was worth the money but since Little Love is so computer savvy herself, it is a gift for both of us.

She loves to choose her book and click on the option for it to "read to her". There are so many neat features and I am so glad I finally caved and am able to enjoy a new book whenever I want right at my fingertips.






-

The new bible study I just started with my group. It is so great and I am really learning a lot about these 12 extraordinary women of the bible and how their lives have impacted so many generations. We are reading the book and completing the workbook and although it is a ton of work. I am really getting a lot out of it and we are only on week 3!!



Clay and I are also doing a couples class at our church on Wednesday nights. We are completing the Love and Respect study by Emerson Eggerichs. To say it has been eye-opening, is putting it lightly! I have learned so much about Clay in the last 6 weeks and we have a new saying at our house, "honey, your not wrong, just different." Hehe, I have really loved delving into this study with him.



I also have just recently discovered and purchased some BOB Books for Little Love. We have begun working on our reading skills more frequently and I read all sorts of great reviews on these books. So far, she really likes them and is super eager to help me read them at night.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The BOB books are amazing! Perfect for emerging readers!

Also, I'm really interested in that study you and Clay did. Did you just buy the book or did both of you also get your own workbook? I think Dustin and I could really get a lot out of something like that!

Katie said...

Jeremy and I did the Love and Respect study with our small group a while back and LOVED it! We recommend it to everyone. We still like to say sometimes, "I know Blue said this, but Pink heard this." Glad you are enjoying it.
Miss you,
Katie