Happy 1/2 Birthday Little Man!!! Wow, time just seems to go quicker and quicker every day. I believe the old saying that they days are long but the years are short are so very true with kids. Little Man, you are growing up so fast and you are still the sweetest most happy baby around. I just love to wake up and tell you "good morning". Your little eyes just light up and you give me the biggest smile. You have started acting somewhat shy when I get home from work on Monday mornings and will turn your little head toward Daddy and grin at me. It just melts my heart. Of course, you typically cry once I walk out of the room because I guess you are afraid your food supply is leaving again but I quickly come back after a shower and snuggle you the remainder of the day while Big Sister is in school.
You still aren't going to church nursery, but I do think we are going to have to take that plunge soon because you are becoming quite the talkative little thing lately. Not only have you been going to Sunday School with Daddy and me but you have also been joining us for the Love and Respect class we are doing on Wednesday nights. You are such a trooper and overall laid back baby.
The weather has been warming up again lately and you love to spend our late afternoons strolling around the block with Momma and sister. You typically will fall asleep because you like to fight that 4:00-5:00 after noon nap when we are home but will go right to sleep strolling.
We started introducing solids this month and you haven't been real interested in rice cereal but we tried carrots the other day and you went to town. You were reaching out for them and just waiting with your mouth open so I don't think you are going to have a problem with feedings anytime soon. We are still exclusively nursing unless Mommy is at work and then you will take anywhere from 6-8 hours of breast milk from a bottle around 10:00. We haven't been able to drop that dream feeding yet because you don't want to sleep through the night if you don't get it but I don't mind that late night snuggle before bed anyways. You are nursing every 3-4 hours during the day and will sleep all night after the dream feed.
You are a little trooper while I take you around to all the places Sissy goes during the week and will sleep in the car seat during naps if we are on the go. You also love your Baby KTan sling and will fall asleep in a heartbeat if it's nap time and I place you in that.
You are wearing 6-12 month and 9 month clothes and I have purchased mostly 12 month's for the summer. You are in a size 2 shoe and a size 3 diaper. We are still cloth diapering and that is going great. I am loving this sunny weather because I have been able to not run the dryer as often and hang them outside to dry.
You are rolling front to back and back to front and at times I will set you on your play mat and within a matter of time you will have completely rolled off of it and onto the hardwoods. I have a feeling you are going to be trouble once you are mobile! We are working on sitting and you have tripodding down to an art. You will sit for short 3-5 second periods unassisted and then will just topple over.
You have the biggest brown eyes and the chunkiest little cheeks and thighs. I don't think I have been able to see your knees or wrists in months! I just love to pinch your little chubby self and you will just belly laugh over and over. Your hair is really starting to come in now and I am pretty sure it's going to be red, just like your Grandaddy Mark's and Poppy's was. Your little eyebrows already get really red when you are mad and I can see a little glimpse into my future with a fiery redhead!!
I love you so much Little Man and you make me such a happy Momma!!
No comments:
Post a Comment