Friday, March 26, 2010

Cleaning Tips

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Today over at Kelly's Korner, she is hosting, "Show Us Your Life - Cleaning Tips". I like to try and keep a neat and organized home, I would say a must with a busy 2 year old and working mom, and for the most part I am able to accomplish that. Of course, it helps a ton that I am off 5 days a week and only work on the weekends. I try and get most of my work done Tuesday and through Thursday because I feel like Monday's are hard after working all night and on Friday's I just like to enjoy the day before starting back to work. And, since Lilliana goes to school on Wednesday's, this is by far my most productive day. Of course, I also try to schedule any appointments; hair, doctor, dentist, on these days too so that I don't have to worry about dragging her along. But. for the most part I can get most things done on those 3 days. I have been currently working on more of a cleaning schedule, just because I'm OCD like that so I'm looking forward to reading some new blogs linked up over at Kelly's Korner for some great tips.

Lilliana usually wakes around 7:00 and our day starts. I typically try and get up around 6:30 to have some quiet time by myself but that doesn't always happen. I do think y day is so much better though when I am able to do this. Anyways, after L wakes, we eat breakfast and I typically clean up the dishes and wipe down the counters and load the dish washer with our dirty breakfast dishes before she gets out of her chair. Then, we typically have some kind of educational play time for about an hour and do our letter of the week, puzzles, read books and so on. I then typically head to the gym for the morning when is at about 8:30 - 9:30, just depends what time my Body Pump class starts and what I am going to do while there that day. After we get back, L has a snack around 10:00 and we play some more or we may still be out if we had to run an errand or 2 after the gym. I try to get all my outings done while we are out so we don't have to get back out after arriving home. Lilliana still takes a great 2-3 hour nap so that is when I can be most productive, bathrooms, vacuuming, never ending laundry! I typically do laundry throughout the week because I can't stand for it to pile up, which usually means at least one load a day! I won't lie, I am trying to work on this. I hate doing laundry everyday because I feel like it's not DONE until it's folded and/or ironed and put away. Luckily, Clay loves to iron so sometimes I can leave him a pile to do that evening when he is watching TV.

After nap, I usually let L watch an episode of Mickey Mouse or Little Einstein's and I try to get dinner started and figure out a game plan for the next day. Like I said before, we typically go by more of a daily routine than a weekly cleaning schedule but I would like that to change. Any great ideas are welcome!

As far as specific cleaning products go I love the following; clorox bleach pen, clorox wipes (always buy in bulk during my Costco run); confession: I went through a tub of these a week when L was little, I was just a little OCD about germs! I have come a long way :) and my Mr. Clean cleaner. I use the Mr. Clean for everything from the toilet's to the sink, shower and floors. It is a great all purpose cleaner, if you ask me :)









Well, these are a few of my tips, would love to hear yours!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love Clorox wipes too!!

Cara Greninger said...

Coming over to your cute blog from Kelly's Korner. My maiden name is Burchett! :) Don't hear that one too often. Small world!

Melody said...

Cara, it is a small world. Nice to meet another Burchett :)