Lilliana and I went shopping yesterday in search of an Easter dress. She was such a trooper and stuck with me through 3 little boutique stores and Marshall's. I was hoping to find something at our first stop but it was at our last that we were successful. She was so helpful and tried on a few choices for me so that I could decide on my favorite one. While we were looking around she decided that she was going to try on a some shoes that were out on display. She was so funny because I didn't prompt her at all, but the girl just loves her some shoes! Daddy is going to be in trouble in a few years :) When Lilliana tried on a pair of
these shoes she just became so joyous! I pondered about this purchase for a really long time because I thought they would drive me CRAZY, but, the joy she exhibited when she placed them on her little feet was just so childlike and precious. I love the way Lilliana loves life and how easily she is amused. I guess we'll just have to see how long the little squeakers will stay in these things before they may go missing :)

So far she wants to wear them everywhere and when she walked in the door with them on yesterday, Clay told me to take them back. I told him how excited she was and that she just wouldn't take them off in the store. Of course the fact that they were a total of 40% off really helped my decision too! He then proceeded to ask if she took out her money and paid for them and how they got out of the store. I will say, so far, I like them because she can't get too far from me, and I can hear her coming from across the room!!
1 comment:
Ellison has Wee Squeaks (2 pair). I originally bought them to help her learn to walk. But, they are also a really good quality shoe and cute. I know several people who still buy them for older children (3 plus) and just take the sqeakers out immediately or put tape over the sqeakers because they just like the look of the shoe. I think you'll like them, especially since you can stop the squeaks, if you wanted too.
Post a Comment