Saturday, January 09, 2010

2010 New Years Resolutions

I have never been really good at setting and keeping my New Years Resolutions. To that fact, I typically just don't set any because I don't like to fail at things. I do however, realize there are some areas in my life that need improvement, so in turn, I have decided to write out some resolutions for 2010.

1. Have a closer walk with God, do my bible study and or read my bible daily and make better use of my prayer time - This is something that I was pretty good about when I was pregnant with Lilliana, but I have allowed so many other things to cloud my focus and take up my time, I have placed God on the back burner.

2. Be a better Wife, Mother, Daughter and Friend - I have always been a huge perfectionist, so when it comes to others I am surrounded by, I sometimes feel they should be that same way. I want have more patience with Lilliana and especially with Clay and would like to realize more how blessed I truly am.

3. I would like to have a date night with Clay AT LEAST once a month - I know that doesn't sound like much, but considering the fact that I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times we have been out on a date since Lilliana was born, this would definitely be making strides in the right direction!

4. Try and not stress over the little things , or at least give my worrying over to God - I am the world's worst at worrying about what other people think about be. I allow other's opinions, or what I think they may think about me change my focus at times. I want to enjoy every minute with my little family and not allow, a not really that dirty house drive me crazy!

5. I want to spend less time on the computer, but I want to blog more - This is my family journal and I want to keep recording more memories but as far as Facebook and other Internet surfing goes, I want to only do that when Lilliana is asleep or Clay is busy with other things. I don't want to allow it to take precious time away from my family.

Well, that is the main things that I want to focus on for 2010. Most of them aren't very big changes but will make a big change in my life if I will stick to them.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hi sweet girl! thank you for stopping by my blog, I appreciated your nice comment, made me tear up. I needed to hear that!

You have such a cute blog too! And fabulous New Years Resolutions!