Friday, January 01, 2010

I'm a Big Girl Now

That's right, Lilliana IS a Big Girl now!! She is officially potty trained and is wearing her big girl panties everywhere we go. We still do a pull-up for nap and bedtime but when she is a school, she doesn't change into one for naps. (I think it's because she only naps about an hour when at school, but at home, it's usually more like 2-3 hours!) We started back in early August just after getting back from the beach and although she acted like she was ready, she was NOT, and neither was I. We got frustrated with each other and it was just much more stressful than it should have been. I decided to abort the mission and try again when she showed readiness.

Well, about 1 month to the day that we had originally started she decided she was ready. We stayed home the entire week and were very strict about pottying. I used M & M's for treats and had gone to Target just before our original attempt and purchased a lot of things from the dollar bins to give out as treats. She did great initially and would tell me when she needed to go and although she didn't always make it in time, for the most part she caught on pretty quickly. By December she was officially pee pee potty trained and it wasn't until the last couple weeks that she got the pooping aspect down.

I am so proud of her and she just loves to prance around the house in her big girl panties!!


we started out by watching "Elmo's Potty-Time" DVD


then we colored in her new Sesame Street Potty-Time coloring book


then we placed big girl panties on George and took him potty


helping Mommy put the Christmas Tree up with her big girl panties on (Princess panties!!)

I used the "Potty Wise" book by Gary Ezzo, and I highly recommend it!! It was fabulous and such a big help. I wasn't ever a huge fan of Baby Wise, because I couldn't let Lilliana "cry-it-out" but this doesn't have anything to do with that :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, this book only got one star from reviewers. Says a LOT about ANYTHING that man writes.....