Friday, September 11, 2009

Day #4 of "school"

Today was a wonderful day with Lilliana in school and Momma had a fabulous day of relaxation at the spa, from the gift-certificate Clay purchased me for our anniversary. I planned it this way since this is not Lilliana's normal day for PDO, but since we are going to gone on a Monday while at the beach in October, this worked out perfectly. It was such a gorgeous day when we woke up and I was glad I had a good hour 2 hours after dropping Lilliana off until I had to get to my appointment. It is amazing how much more productive and speedy I can be when I am by myself. I was able to stop at Target for some necessities, make it to Old Navy for an exchange and then to Chick-fil-a for a yummy breakfast and stop at about 4 stores in Saddle Creek with 3 more purchases all in that short amount of time. A stroller and shopping cart cover are all necessities, ya know along with the cup of milk or water, snacks and whatever doll she is clinging to at that point, but gathering all this at each stop adds on lots of time!

My spa day was luxurious and was thoroughly enjoyed. I don't think I have had a facial but once since Clay and I were married and that's been 5 years. I also treated myself to a massage and pedicure and enjoyed every minute of it. It was so much easier to relax knowing that Lilliana was in good hands and how much she enjoys "school".

I got done just in time to be able to head to the house for a quick bite to eat and shower before picking Lilliana back up. Her teacher said she was a good girl again and she came hope with her first craft. They are studying apples and the letter "A" so they made an apple craft using paint and a cut apple. It is so cute and now hanging on a refrigerator. She was so proud to show me after class :) Her little "toddler news" stated that she was good and played well with Will and Chase on the bridge. She ate some of her lunch and slept from 12:30 - 1:40. Since she obeyed again at school, we headed to the traditional "TCBY" for some yummy frozen yogurt again before heading home. That little girl sure can put away some ice cream. She has gotten to the point where she will eat almost an entire junior cup of chocolate / vanilla swirl! She does give Momma a couple bites every now and again but for the most part, it's all hers!

The only problem I am running into is the fact that, although she is sleeping well at school, it is not nearly as long as she does at home. She is typically good for the first hour or 2 after I pick her up but then she is just DONE. She is exhausted, yet not ready for bed yet and is so short with me. I know it is due to her lack of sleep because she doesn't act that way on days she doesn't go to school. I am not sure what to do about it because there is no way she will go back to sleep when she gets home. She is wide awake and in the best mood when I pick her up but her evil twin shows up shortly after. Any ideas??




showing me her "curtsy"



ready for school!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

let her have a power nap when she starts getting cranky. Will she get in crib? Let her play quiety for 30 or 45 minutes and rejuvenate those battiers. She may doze for a few of those minutes also.

Lisa said...

I think you should change your header picture to the curtsy one...it is too adorable!

Melody said...

I wish she would get in her crib, unfortunately not! Today we had quiet time with a Minnie show on the couch. Working for now :)

Thanks