Thursday, September 24, 2009

Strawberry Yumminess!

Earlier this week, after perusing the Internet for a dinner recipe, I stumbled upon one for strawberry bread. It reminded me of a similar recipe I have for banana bread and looked oh so easy. I decided that Lilliana and I would whip some up, especially since I already had all the ingredients in my pantry combined with a crate of strawberries in the fridge that needed to be used soon.



we started out by laying out the ingredients which included



then we pulled up the recipe I had found online in order to follow it correctly!



Lilliana was such a big helper and wanted to just dig right in with Momma. She loves strawberries so I hoped she would love this bread.



the bread baking in my oven (excuse the dirtiness of it, after viewing this pic, I quickly learned it was in dire need of a good clean!!)

Well, mission accomplished, Lilliana LOVED it and it made my house smell oh so yummy! I thought about trying it next time with splenda instead of using regular sugar, but we'll just see. We definitely enjoyed it for breakfast that week along with fulfilling a couple snacks.

Here's a copy of the recipe:

Strawberry Bread
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 tes. baking soda
1/2 tes. salt
1/2 tes. cinnamon
1 cup sugar
2 eggs beaten
1 Tbl. vanilla
1/2 cup oil
1 cup chopped strawberries (I used fresh but I'm sure frozen that you thaw would be fine too)
3/4 cup chopped pecans (I just sprinkled some on the bottom of the bread before baking because I forgot to stir them in)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until well moistened. Pour in greased loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until done throughout. (Next time, I will add the strawberries after the bread is completely stirred and mixed thoroughly because I felt I smashed some of them since I added them earlier :)

No comments: