Sunday, September 13, 2009

21 month's young!

Oh my precious little love,

Each time I think that I can't love you anymore, you seem to do or say something that just melts my heart. You are constantly telling me and your dada how much you love us. It is the most precious thing in the whole world and makes me beam from ear to ear each time you say it. Oh, how long I have waited to hear a precious little someone say this to me and how special it makes me feel. You continue to be a pretty good communicator and although sometimes your Dada has difficulties understanding what you are saying, typically I am able to distinguish it. :)

You are doing GREAT at "school" and LOVE to go see Miss Sha. You have even named one of your new baby dolls, Shay, after your teacher. You have no problem walking into school and typically don't even look back anymore. You have become such a big girl and it makes things so much easier on Mama.

I can tell you are really starting to grow-up and mature in the last couple month's and I just wish I could slow things down. You are such the little Momma and love to play with your baby dolls. I bought you your first one after your 2nd day of "school" and you named her "Shay". Then there is "Amy" that came from Gigi. You love to feed your babies and burp them once they are done eating. We have "tea" with your babies and even Maggie joins in every now and again! You still sleep with your Minnie, Abby, and baby, along with whatever else makes it into the crib or you request come time for sleep.

Speaking of sleep, you still take just one afternoon nap and will generally sleep anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours. You have come such a long way from this time last year!! You love your bed and at times request to be placed in it. You have started to "make excuses" here lately when it's time for night-night, as in "Where's _______?" (Abby, Baby, Minnie, Shay, Shesha, and many more). You forgot to kiss Maggie night-night or, where's Dada and so forth and so on. You just crack me up because I can just imagine these conversations for years to come.

You love to sing and I still haven't been able to figure out what some of the songs are that you have been singing from school. Your all time favorite is "Jesus Loves Me", you will climb into your rocking chair in your room and start to sing it. You are such a smart little thing! You also love to sing, "Rock-a-bye-Baby" and Old McDonald Had a Farm. I recently purchased you a new CD with kids Christian songs on it and you quickly picked up on "I've Got the Joy Joy Joy Joy Down in My Heart". You love to scream the "where's" at the appropriate times. You also still love "If Your Happy and You Know It" and I would have to say your favorite part is when you shout Hooray!! We still go to storytime at Davis Kidd on Thursday's and you have become more and more involved in that in the past few month's. You love to watch Mrs. Marjorie sing and dance and you jump right in there with her.

You are such a Momma's girl and have started back crying when I leave for work. It just breaks my heart and makes it so hard for me to leave you. I know you have fun with your Dada when I leave and you are only awake about 2 hours after I leave but it is just so hard on me. I wish so badly that I could stay home with you but I know it is good for me to have some adult time also.

You are still wearing size 3 diapers and you are so incredibly close to potty training it's crazy!! You will poop and immediately go get a diaper and wipes to bring to me and ask to be changed. The only thing stopping you is that I reuse to try it until we get back from the beach in October. Only 3 more weeks little love and then we will jump in full force. I have started putting pull-ups on you on multiple occasions because you have learned to take off your diaper and there have been 2 recent mornings when I have walked in to get you from your crib and you have been completely naked! Once must have been early in the night because you had also peed everywhere!! No fun. You are wearing anywhere from 6-12 month clothes to 12-18 month things. Most of your dresses are 12 months along with pants, but you are able to fit into some 18 month tops.

You love to buckle and if I am running late and go ahead and buckle you myself into the car you have a coniption fit! It is just better for me to let you try it yourself but it is so not worth the drama that insues. Not only do you love to buckle, but you also love to zip and snap things. I have bought you the neatest puzzle for your birthday but I am not sure I am going to be able to save it that long!

I am working diligently on things for your birthday party and seem to have most things in line. I have Mrs. Danielle working on your invitations and I have started the food and guest list. Mrs. Liz is going to be there to take pictures and I can't wait to see your face when you walk in to all that Minnie stuff!

I am also working on your Minnie costume for Halloween but I have been unable to find the tulle that I need. You may end up being a red Minnie for Halloween instead of hot pink if I can't find it soon!

You still LOVE Wilson, AKA Bobby. Still not sure why you call him that but you always do. Atleast he answers to it!! You also have taken a new love to Emerson. You call her Emmy and ask for her almost as much as Bobby. Mommy and Daddy are going to a new Sunday School at church so you have started going back to nursery on Sunday mornings. It is hard on me since I have worked the night before and have to head back to work but we know it's good for all of us.

I love you little one with my whole heart and miss you like crazy everytime I am away. I am so amazed with the things you are learning everyday and I can't wait to see the woman God has destined you to be!

Love you,
Momma

No comments: