What you may ask? I know it may shock a few, probably many of you, but I have signed Lilliana up for Parent's Day Out starting in the Fall of 2009!! Can you believe it? Me, the Mom who rarely places her child in church nursery and is probably one of the most worrisome Mom's when it comes to germs! Well, let me explain .....
Unfortunately, Clay's job is pretty dependent on the economy, and well, as we all know it is not in the best shape right now. All of that boils down to me needing to pick up more shifts at work which also equals one tired, cranky, irritable Mom with dark circles under her eyes and one with a huge lack of patience. Mind you, I have patience for Lilliana because I feel she doesn't have any defense mechanisms against my antics so I just take things out on Clay. Not so good for him or our marriage for that matter. I sooooo desire to be a stay at home Mom full time, but in the meantime until things pick up around here I feel that God has really made a position at work just for me.
Currently, I am trying to complete 2 shifts a week, which are form the hours of 7pm - 7am. I typically get a nap the day of while Lilliana takes her afternoon nap and then I am not able to go back to sleep until she takes her afternoon nap the following day. I figure, if I am going to do 2 shifts a week then I should have some continuity and do a night weekend position that should be available in the next 2 weeks. Along with night weekends, I will still only be doing 2 nights a week but they will consist of 2 of the following days; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My ultimate goal is to be able to do Friday and Sunday nights so that I am able to still go to church on Sunday mornings and spend all of Saturday, after a little nap that is, with my family.
Well, now that I have tried to convince all you blog readers, along with myself just one more time, why I decided to place her in PDO let me give you more information about that. I have checked out probably every program around the East Memphis area and finally decided to place her at 2nd Presbyterian Church just down the road. I was very impressed with their facilities and have already been able to meet her teacher. She is just wonderful and I just know she is going to fall in love with my little Lilliana also. :) I hope!!
2nd Presbyterian is associated with PDS which is a very reputable Boy's School here in Memphis and I am so glad that we were able to get in. I got the last slot when I went and visited last Friday and I am so thankful I went so early. She will be attending PDO on Monday mornings from 8:45 - 2:45. I really wish I could just pick her up after lunch and may actually do some some days. Do you know how many hours 8:45 - 2:45 is? That is 7 hours people, 7 glorious hours that I am able to sleep!! I don't typically get 7 hours sleep at night sometimes. You can tell, I am excited! Along with sad, worried, concerned, would like to change my mind multiple times a day, but overall I know I NEED this. Lilliana NEEDS this. I am just now, 6 months later able to leave her for 45 minutes - 1 hour at the gym and her not scream her head off when I leave. I know she will have a great time and I trust her care to the wonderful ladies at 2nd Pres. Just please keep us in your prayers as this is a huge transition for Mommy. I almost cried when I walked out with my confirmation letter last week!! I know, I am a little dramatic :)
Of course there are some fun things that come with PDO, such as fun art work to bring home to Mommy, new friends to meet and most importantly a CUTE nap mat! Do I really think she will nap on this nap mat? No not really, but her teacher tells me it's parents like me who thinks our children won't nap that they do and for 2 hours at a time! I sure hope she's right because I don't won't my child to be the problem child. I have been looking all over the internet for a cute mat and have come across this one. Do you like this one? There are so many color options available, I can't decide on just one. Any opinions on where to get a cute one? Or opinions about colors on this one is greatly appreciated. :)
Mel
5 comments:
It is such a hard transition! She will be fine, but it will be an adjustment. She will enjoy being with/around the other kids - its fun for them! Garrett loves his babysitter's house and the other kids! Its still hard for me sometimes, but we manage. About the nap mats...Lindsey Dobson Whaley was making them. Check with her to see if she still is...Shes on facebook and has pics. Good luck on your new adventure! My thoughts are with you!
I think that's a good idea even though it will be hard! And, the nap mat is precious!
If you are looking for a summer PDO program, check Christ Methodist or 2nd Baptist on Walnut Grove
It might be hard at first, but it will be worth it. Sophia has gone to a PDO since she turned 1 and she loves it. we have met some great people and Sophia has made some good friends. I think it is really good for her to get out and socialize a little bit with a consistant group of kids. You are doing the right thing!
It might be hard at first, but you will love it in the end. We started taking Ryleigh one day a week last Fall, and now we all love Thursdays! She talks excitedly about "skoo" (aka: school) and I live up my one day a week. Did your PDO program tell you to get a nap mat? At ours, the babies/toddlers still sleep in cribs, so we just send her with her blankie and teddy bear. The nap mat sure is cute!
Post a Comment