Sunday, March 01, 2009

Girls Night Out!

Last week, I started feeling bad on Wednesday night and ended up sick as a dog come Thursday morning. Clay had to call into work in the am because there was no way I was able to take care of Lilliana and myself at the same time. Mom's don't get sick days, ya know! Nana came over to help just after lunch so that Clay could head out and complete a little necessary work. We used lot's of Lysol and sprayed down the whole house on hopes of not getting anyone else sick.

Come Friday, Clay tells me he isn't feeling so well. When I woke up Saturday morning I noticed that he wasn't in the bed I just knew he had caught what I had earlier in the week. He thought he was immune and told me he doesn't get sick but I guess he was wrong! I quickly loaded Lilliana up and left for the gym with my mind swirling about what I was going to do next. I banished Clay to the bedroom before I left and had told him not to set foot outside of there until he was 100% better. I called my good friend Drew on the way to the gym (I knew that Amanda was working but hoped Drew could help me out temporarily). Of course to add to the excitement, I had planned a girls night out for later that evening and Memphis was predicting snow. Now, those of you who live in Memphis, know that usually when it's predicted we get none, the times they don't expect it is when we get multiple inches.

I ended up running into Drew as we were leaving the gym and he decided to head back home with both kids so that I could come back to our germ infested home and Lysol and Clorox everything within site. About 2 hours later, and 2 tubs of Clorox wipes and a can of Lysol later, Drew showed back up with Lilliana. I had just finished taking care of everything and felt safe for her to reenter the sick zone. :) Clay still wasn't feeling so good and had finally relinquished control to me, and took a Phenergan. I was still trying to decide what I was going to do for the evening when I got a text from Amanda saying that Drew thought the weather was going to be too bad for us to go as originally planned for the evening. The men, excluding mine, (since he was unaware of what was going on) felt that the sooner we went the better. Amanda coerced Drew into watching Lilliana along with his son, Wilson for the evening so that our girl's night could go on without a hitch.

I headed over to The Meffords with Lilliana in tow and got ready for the evening. Then Tracy, Annah Mary, Amanda and I all loaded up and headed to Salsa for dinner and then to Muddy's for some yummy cupcakes as dessert. Drew called while we were gone to ask if Lilliana needed a bath. Of course she did but I hated to put him out anymore than I already had but he insisted that it wasn't any more difficult to throw her in with Wilson. I wasn't sure whether or not I had out clean jammies in her bag but we went with it anyway. When we got back this is what I saw.......







Drew had put some of Wilson's pajama's on Lilliana. It was so stinkin cute. I just love it!! Thanks so much for helping out Drew and allowing us to get together.

Oh yeah, and amazingly Memphis got about 13 inches of snow! We haven't had that much snow since I was about 4 years old!!

No comments: