15 month's already! I just can't believe it. Time just seem sto go by quicker and quicker the older she gets! Today we went to see Dr. K. for our 15 month check-up and we received a clean bill of health. We had not grown like I had anticipated and had actually lost a couple ounces from our last visit but he was ok with that. She is just such an active little stinker and again Dr. K. seems to think she is just petite. He continues to tell me that she doesn't have the genes to be a very big girl and for me not to worry. We did decide to opt out for her MMR and have decided to wait until somewhere between her 18 month and 2 year check-up to receive that. I told Dr. K. that my concern was that she is the size of an average 6 month old and that I was just worried about it based on her weight. He agreed with me and told me that he did not have a problem at all with us waiting. We did receive the HiB and Varicella vaccines and she did pretty good with those. I medicated her with Tylenol once we got home and she took 2 really good naps for me today which is a rare occurance!
That is one concern that I voiced to Dr. K. and have actually spoken to one of my best friends who is also a Pediatrician. I would say our biggest struggle over the last month has been our daytime naps. When we are home, we still attempt to get 2 naps in during the day. She can go with only one, but still get's pretty sleepy around 10:00 so if we are at the house I try and put her down. The biggest problem is that for the last couple month's (since going back to work more) I have been extremely exhausted and would just do whatever it took to get her to sleep. Many times that meant caving, and just placing her in the bed with me and we would nap together. I know, bad habit to start and even harder one to stop. I decided about 3weeks ago that we were going to have nap boot camp and I was just going to put her in her crib and allow her to cry if that's what it took but we are still working on it. When we went to the beach she did pretty good. I would just put her in the pack-n-play and she would fall asleep fairly quickly most of the time, but we were also very active while we were there and I think she was exhausted most days by time nap time came around. He told me to just keep on trying and not give up and that eventually she will realize that when it is nap time she must sleep, and won't fight it as much. If anyone has any suggestions I am all open. It's so hard because for the last 15 month's I have pretty much catered to her every need and would come running if she cried but I know I have to draw the line at some point and I guess it is now.
In other news, Lilliana's little 'tude has definitely become apparent this month. When she doesn't get her way or I take something from her she was playing with she now likes to throw herself on the ground and whine. It's really hard not to laugh at her because she is just oh so dramatic. I have no idea where she get's it from! :)
She is so much fun though and really gives me a run for my money at times. I love her to pieces and can't imagine a single day without her. She is such a funny little girl and when she's not throwing a fit, is such a happy little squirt. She loves her sister Maggie (the yorkie) and her newest thing is to give Maggie treats and feed her supper. She know as soon as Maggie comes in from pottying that we giver her a treat and Lilliana is always waiting to help. She has picked up on ring-around-the-rosy and wants to do it over and over again. She learned to drink from a straw cup and looks like such a little toddler when she does so. The new animal noises she picked up on this month was; monkey, making a hippo face, waddling like a penguin, and my all time favorite was the girls at the beach taught her "ta ta's"! Thanks girls, I guess it could be worse :) She will point at her "ta ta's" and say what they are! I guess she had to learn what they were at some point.
Oh yeah, and her STATS at the office today were:
head circumference 45 cm (50%)
height 28" (5-10%)
weight 17 pounds 4 ounces (5-10%)
2 comments:
What a sweet little girl! Love this months update :) As far as naps, my little guy isn't a stellar-napper either (when we are at home) and always asks if he can sleep in our bed, but I have found it helps if we do a nap routine like we do at bed time. He gets a couple stories and a song while we rock then it's off to bed!
It might be easier for you to go down to one nap pretty soon. Evelyne did it at that age, but it was at around 11 a.m. Over the course of a few months it progressively got a little later until it hit 1 p.m. around 20 months or so, but for a long time it was 11-12. She's never been a good napper, but she went down quicker, easier, and slept for longer when I did that. It's worth a try! I wonder if you do CIO right now while trying to squeeze-out two naps that she may not really need that she'll cry longer and harder because she's just not tired enough, ya know? Maybe it would be easier to teach her to go down by herself if you do it when she's super-tired. If it were me that's what I'd do, and if she's not ready for one nap yet, I'd just keep doing what I'm doing until she is. (I still rock Evelyne to sleep and she's 2. Sometimes it's annoying, but overall, it's easier on me, it's easier on her, and I know that when she doesn't want me to do that anymore I'll really miss it. I'll cherish those memories forever, it's such a short period of time.) Just make sure you're doing it because you WANT to do it, not because you just feel like you should, ya know? Good luck!
Post a Comment