Monday, March 30, 2009

Awaiting our fate ...

Is he or isn't he ....


What am I talking about? Well, if you live in Memphis or anywhere between here and Lexington, KY you know exactly what I am talking about. Or if you follow NCAA basketball at all. After another disappointing year for the Kentucky Wildcats, Coach Billy Gillespie was fired on Friday and so started the rumor mills about who the future coaching job was going to. Unfortunately, according to some very reputable sources, Memphis' own Coach John Callipari is the forerunner for the job!!!

What? He has brought Memphis basketball to a level that most thought was impossible. Needless to say, he also has the top 3 recruits lined up for next year!!! All coming to Memphis, that is if Coach Cal stays.

Memphis is buzzing with the excitement, or possible dismay of losing our beloved coach and it seems to be on every station imaginable. Of course facebook is also blowing up with all sorts of inquires themself. Oh well, hopefully we will know by tonight. There is supposed to be press conference in our near future!!

read more here

UGHHHHHH!!

UPDATED ...

well, it's official he is now a WIldcat! It was a great 9 years Coach Cal and I wish you the best. There is supposed to be a press conference held tomorrow here in Memphis to discuss the fate of Memphis basketball. I just hope and pray that they are able to bring in another big gun :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

This news is ripping my insides apart! Ahhh, I hate it!!

THE STEPHENS FAMILY said...

I'm sure he is going to be gone, but they havent made an official announcement yet, right? Did I miss something?