Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Lilliana's Routine :)

I dare not call it a schedule because we are not very strict about sticking to it, but for the most part this is what a typical day looks like for Lilliana.

8:00 wake-up / nurse

8:20 ish - 9:30 playtime

9:30 - 11:00 nap

11:00 awake / nurse

11:15 ish - 12:30 playtime

12:30 - 2:00 nap

2:00 awake / nurse

2:15 ish - 3:30 playtime

3:30 - 5:00 nap

5:00 awake / nurse

6:00 - 6:30 Clay and I eat dinner and Lilliana eats her oatmeal

7:00 bathtime (every other night) and get ready for bed

7:30 nurse and rock to sleep

All of this is typically plus or minus 30 minutes or so. If we are at home during the day she typically will take most of her afternoon naps but if we are on the go then she likes to cat nap. We are doing much better during daytime naps at sleeping in her bed. Sometimes it takes more than one attempt to get her down, actually who am I kidding, it typically takes at least 2 if not 3 attempts to get in a full nap, but like I said we are working on it. I still won't let her "cry it out" and I don't think my opinion on that is going to change. She like to be completely asleep in my arms but wakes either as I am placing her in the crib or within 30 minutes of putting her down. Sometimes I can just pick her up and quickly rock her back to sleep but other times she is just so stinkin persistent. (I don't know who she gets that from:) She is a good napper she just doesn't like to be by herself. I realize that this is completely my fault but since she sleeps so good at night I feel like I can handle anything during the day. As far as the night goes, she is (knock on wood) consistently sleeping through the night! I have even dropped her 10:00pm feeding within the last week and she is still sleeping through the night. Typically after I place her down around 7:30 she will sleep until at least 7:00am the following morning. I am so proud of her and so thankful that she doesn't wake-up earlier than 7:00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for stickin' to what you feel is right for Lilliana when it comes to sleeping. She'll get better at sleeping by herself as she gets older, I think it's great you're being so sensitive to her and where she is right now. =)