Well, yesterday I broke down and took Lilliana into the doctor after a long weekend of coughing and congestion, combined with a fever that started on Monday. We got there and of course she was afebrile at the doctor's office but upon checking her out Dr. Benton noticed that she had a double ear infection. Poor baby, I didn't even notice her pulling on her ears until we got home that afternoon from the doctors office but I was glad that it was not something respiratory and after a prescription for some Amoxicillin we were out of there.
We stopped by Schnucks to fill her script since Amoxicillin is on the list of free antibiotics (wonderful I must say), and she napped pretty much the whole time after leaving her appointment. We started them last evening and it took us about 30 minutes to get the 5cc in her mouth. It was horrible, she is so persistent and refused to open her little mouth. I tried all the tricks in the book but after lots of manipulation, blowing in her face to get her to swallow, holding her nose and so on we finally got them down her. Whew it's going to be a long 10 days if she keeps this up!
1 comment:
Ok, obviously I'm rather late on this, but what I did to get Ev's antibiotics down her (and she was about a year old and on solids at this time) is mix it with a couple of tablespoons of sugar-free chocolate pudding! It took away the yucky taste, but it really wasn't so bad for her. It'll be easier next time once Lilliana's on more solids. Glad she's better!
Post a Comment