Friday, June 13, 2008

6 month's old!

I can't believe that my baby girl is 6 months old today. It is crazy to think how much she has changed my life in 6 short months and how I feel like I am such a better person because of her life. She is my world and I can't imagine a single day without her. I love waking up and going to get her each morning and seeing her beautiful smiling face. She is such a happy baby and she just lights up when she sees me. I do believe that her belly laughter is by far one of my favorite things about her. Every time I think that I would like to just freeze the stage she is in currently, things just get better and better. I really love her more and more each day.Today we actually threw Lilliana a 1/2 birthday party. Just a little snippet of what's to come when Miss Priss turns the big 1. We had playgroup at our house and Lilliana and I baked a cake together yesterday. She enjoyed a fun morning with some of her friends and then after lunch we dug into the cake. Actually, Lilliana did not get any cake even though peer pressure almost got the best of me and I nearly caved, but I stuck to my guns and decided she would just have to hold out until her first birthday. :)After Clay got home we went downtown to the Rendezvous for dinner and enjoyed some of Memphis' best ribs. I am not a huge barbecue fan but I do love ribs from Rendezvous. We gave Lilliana her gift which was a DVD of all the School House Rock songs on it. I remember those songs from when I was in elementary school. I couldn't believe when I found it at Target. Clay had downloaded a few of the songs on iTunes and Lilliana just sits and stares at it. Now of course we aren't really going to allow her to watch TV at this time but at least when we allow her to what she will be watching will be educational.(I do have to give props to my friend Trish for the creative juices on Lilliana's cake)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet, I never thought about a 1/2 party...but Avery's #1 is coming up soon....planning, planning, planning. I let Avery start watching some Baby Einstein videos at 4 mo. they aren't quite bad, it introduces babies to classical music, animals, colors and numbers, it was kinda a bonding experience, b/c I'd tell her what everything was, such as..."look at the grey elephant" She picked up on tiger....it was too cute, we were out one day and she saw a pic of an orange tiger and said "too goah" Priceless. HOpe you are doing well! HUGS