Thursday, November 17, 2011

Now we just wait ....

Today was the last school tour / open house that I plan to attend. Today I took Little Love with me and they allowed her to go into one of the Jr. K classes and observe and participate. It was so precious to see her interacting with new friends and just going along with all the other Jr. Kindergartner's. The teacher actually said that she fit in just fine this year and was so smart. Made my Momma heart so happy to hear that.

When Little Love walked into the classroom I wasn't sure whether she would participate or not but sure enough, she walked right over to the carpet with all the other boys and girls and joined them for bible time on the carpet. She even participated when the boys and girls were saying their bible verses as she recognized one of them, "Children obey your parents as in the Lord." I think I may have said it to her just a time or two. It was just precious though to see her raise her little hand and want to join in on the fun. She had fun playing on the smart board, and made a necklace out of fruit loops. Actually, it was all I could do to get her to leave with me. She was ready to stay at school and kept wanting to go back into "her classroom".

I am so glad she had such a positive experience and like I said before Clay and I want to try and involve Little Love as much as possible during our decision making and I was glad she had such a great time today!!










Now that all the applications are in and fees have been paid, we just wait. Hopefully we will hear something by January for assessments and testing at that time. When I mentioned to Little Love that she would have to do some testing she said, "don't worry Mother, I will listen with my ears to what they tell me to do and be obedient". Hopefully she realizes how important this is come time :)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I am so glad she loved being in the classroom today. I know that made you so happy. The Lord will provide the perfect school for her!