Tuesday, April 13, 2010

like mother, like daughter

Saturday night, I decided that I wanted to curl Lilliana's hair for church Sunday morning. My Mimi had given me some of my old curlers back a few month's ago and now that L's hair is getting so long I decided to give it a try. After bath, we sat down to watch an episode of Mickey Mouse and put in our curlers. I have old memories of watching "The Golden Girls" every Saturday night with my mom and sister when we were younger and mom putting sponge rollers in our hair. This was the only way mom could get any body into my fine hair and was actually the same thing we did the night before Clay and I got married. Yep, you read that correctly, the curls from my wedding day were from sponge rollers! Nothing else would work!! Anyways, Lilliana was really sweet and sat still for me to get her hair up and then we took some pics. I was a little worried at first that she wouldn't keep them in her hair or that she would at least pull some of them out overnight but she kept them all in. She did so good and curls is what we got. Clay was calling her curly Sue by morning. When I first took the rollers out, Lilliana told me, "momma, my hair is crazy", and I told her "no Lilliana it's not crazy, just curly" so everytime she would look at herself in the mirror she talked about how beautiful her curls were. She is so stinkin cute and knows it! I think we may make this a Saturday night tradition in the Burchett home as her hair is so straight otherwise. We got so many compliments and Lilliana just loved her new curly hair.


ready for bed with our rollers in and Momma's high heels!


first thing in the morning!


a pick with Dada, wish her eyes weren't squinted shut :)


trying to get a pick before church but of course she won't look at us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So fun!!! I love her pretty curls. nothing like those mother/daughter moments!