Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter is one of my most favorite holidays. I just love the meaning behind such a joyous occasion and the fact that Spring is here. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous around here lately and Lilliana and I have spent a lot of time outside.

On Friday, we met up with some friends at the park for an Easter Egg Hunt. The kids weren't as into the egg hunt as we had anticipated but I think they had fun. On Saturday, Clay took Lilliana out to Poppy and GiGi's house while I was napping after work and she was able to play and get her Easter basket from them. After naps we headed outside to have our toenails painted in preparation for Easter morning at church. Lilliana was so cute and sat so still while I polished to toes. :) I just love having a little girly girl. That night, we headed over to the Mefford's for a yummy dinner Clay and Drew cooked on the grill and enjoyed eating outside and allowing the kids to play. When we got home, Lilliana and I made resurrection cookies and we read the Easter story from the bible. After having her bring us her Easter basket and laying out some carrot's for the Easter Bunny, it was off to bed.

We decided to go to the early service at church this morning which meant I had to wake Lilliana up to get ready. She was excited to see what the Easter Bunny brought her and open the oven with her cookies in them. We got ready and headed to an amazing service and then home for lunch with family. One of my all time favorite songs sung at church is "He's Alive" and out church did a fabulous rendition of it this morning. Everyone was on their feet and just celebrating the amazing sacrifice and gift given to us.

This is the first year that I can remember it being this nice at Easter. I am usually disappointed with the selection I have made for Easter morning church because it usually has to be covered with a sweater or jacket. Not this year though, it was 80 degrees and sunny Sunday afternoon. After lunch, we enjoyed a fun Easter egg hunt with Lilliana and she enjoyed opening all of her eggs, where we had placed money. I figured she had gotten enough candy from other Easter egg hunts so this was the next best thing!

Overall, it was a fabulous day and we really enjoyed some quality time as a family.

No comments: