This past Wednesday, Lilliana and I headed out to Birmingham to meet up with my girlfriends from nursing school. This is the group that I get together with typically at the beach every year but this year that wasn't going to work so we decided to meet in the middle at Melissa's house in Homewood. We had such a great time and it was so nice to finally meet Baby James. Lilliana has not stopped talking about him and had so much fun loving on him and playing with him while we were there.
We didn't arrive until late on Wednesday night since L had school that day and I had some things to take care of at work so we ended up leaving Memphis around 2:30. We only stopped once in Tupelo before arriving in B'ham and Lilliana was great in the car, much thanks to Dora and Mickey Mouse!
On Thursday morning, Melissa went and picked up Jennifer from the airport and we headed to downtown Homewood for a delicious lunch at Zoe's Kitchen and did some shopping after meeting up with Katie. We then headed home to put the kids down for naps and then headed out to enjoy some Mexican food for dinner at a quaint little restaurant just outside of Homewood.
On Friday we decided to head to the pool and the weather was just perfect. After an adventurous trip there where I almost ran our of gas, we finally made it and enjoyed some yummy snacks for lunch courtesy of a quick trip to Publix. The kids did great and Lilliana really enjoyed swimming in her little "boat". It was really just a ring but that was what she kept insisting it was. :) Around 2:30 we headed back for naps again and Mel headed to the grocery to get some yummyness for dinner. Jim grilled chicken for us with peppers and onions, and we enjoyed a delicious spinach and artichoke dip that Mel made while he was grilling. Michelle arrived right before dinner was ready to round out our group to include all of us.
On Saturday we woke up to storms and stayed put besides a fun little trip to Babies R Us to help Jenn start her baby registry for Baby Boudreaux. Melissa and I headed back to the house to again, place the babies down for naps and we decided that since the weather was still so nasty that maybe we should just order out something for dinner. When everyone else arrived back at the house, we agreed on P.F. Chang's and Jim went to pick it up for us. We had a little impromptu shower for Jenn and Baby Boudreaux and then enjoyed our dinner.
It was such a great weekend and I always hate for my time with these girls to end. We have been through a lot together and I really look forward for the new babies to come and the years we will spend together. Love you girls and can't wait for our next trip!!
1 comment:
Wow! I love the detailed account of the whole weekend. Sad that we never got any pics :( I had a great time, and always love to see my LSON girls!!!
Post a Comment