Tomorrow is the St. Jude Half-Marathon that I am running in. All the training and hard work have finally come to a close and will hopefully pay off. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Unfortunately it is going to be a cool 26 degrees when we take off in the morning which is huge considering the majority of the time I have been running was in 40-50 degree weather! Let's hope I don't allow that to slow me down, but instead allow it to motivate me and speed me up to make it to warmth!
My clothes are washed and laid out, my i-pod is charging and my Nike sport band is synched and ready for the distance. Clay and Lilliana are supposed to meet me at the end but we will just have to see how the weather cooperates. I don't want them out in this cold, unless it miraculously warms up by late morning. I have been carb loading all day and plan to eat some yummy pasta tonight. Not sure what I should eat in the morning but considering I am picking up my friend Sonya at 6:30 I won't have much time to load in the morning.
13.1 HERE I COME!!!!
2 comments:
Praying for you honey - for strength to endure, and God's angel to hover over you and give you protection. :o) I love you! MOM
Wow! Way to go! I'm thinking of you this morning, praying you hold your head up high when you cross that finish line...and that you are not too sore in the days to come.
Great job!
Post a Comment