Sunday, December 13, 2009

Already 2!



Today my sweet little love turned 2! I still can't believe it and how quickly the last 2 years have flown by. It has been the best 2 years of my life and I look forward to making so many memories with my little love. This month brought about many changes. Most of them good and exciting things for Lilliana. We transitioned her to a big girl bed, and she loves to sleep in it and be able to climb in and out. She looks so little in it but is sleeping really well and thinks she is such big girl doing so. She also is wearing panties almost full-time now besides nap and bedtime when we wear pull-ups. She is doing so well with her potty training, she just loves to climb on her little stool and do "by myself". She is such an independent little stinker, and I just love that about her.

She loves doing crafts with Momma, and will sit still really well for about 20-30 minutes in order to complete something. Her imagination is outrageous and I just love to listen to her playing "Momma" to all of her dolls and singing them to sleep. She loves to play with Maggie and pretend she is a real sister. I guess one day we will have to give her a real one because as of now, she call's for Maggie to play with her. She is so funny and cracks Clay and I up constantly. She loves to read books and when it's bedtime she always asks me to "rock a minute Momma", then she wants me to "lay-down" with her in her big girl bed and rub her little back.

She is doing much better, with the aid of turning her Jammie's backwards, on the poopy troubles we'd been having. I am not sure I want to give her the opportunity for a while so we will just go with the footed jammies on backwards for now. She knows she's not supposed to get out of her bed until I come and get her in the morning so a lot of times, she will just be sitting there, reading a book or playing with her dolls.

She still loves Minnie Mouse and Sesame Street, but has taken a new love to Little Einsteins. She loves to pat, pat, pat and say "blast off" in the sweetest little voice. She knows all the words to Jesus Loves Me and will sing along at bedtime. She also can about recite her ABC's with a couple of errors here and there but she has it down for the most part. She also can count to 10, sometimes further with assistance and knows most of her colors when asked.

Our bedtime routine consists of bath time, going potty and getting on jammies, reading books in her big girl bed together, then "rocking a minute" as Lilliana puts it. She still loves to rock with her Momma so were not ready to take the chair out of her room yet. We sing, "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" with multiple stanzas including, Minnie and Mickey, Dora and Diego, Maggie Abigail (our yorkie) and most of her friends and family members. She is such a sweetheart and is always thinking of others. Then I will typically get in the bed with her and "lay down a minute" before sending her off to dream land. She NEVER stops talking, and is always on the go. She is such a sweet spirited little girl and I feel so blessed to have her.

We can't wait for Christmas this year as the excitement through her eyes are almost more than I can stand. She is so excited about Jesus' Birthday and I can't be more proud to teach her the real reason for the season.

I love you my little princess and can't wait to see what the next years hold!

Love,
Momma

No comments: