The night before the St. Jude Marathon, Clay took Lilliana and I out so I could carb load at Coletta's and then we headed to Barnes and Noble for the Polar Express story time. It was so much fun and we saw so many of our friends there. The kids were to come dressed in their Christmas jammies and they were going to read Polar Express and have a craft for the kids. But, it was oh so much more. The conductor was there when we arrived and she passed out tickets to all the the kids in attendance and they had to present their tickets upon arrival of the train. Then, at the point in the book where the kids start drinking hot chocolate and eating cookies, some servers came around and passed out hot chocolate and cookies to all the kids in attendance. Afterwards, they had bells, coloring pages with crayons, letters for Santa, tattoos, and so much more to pass out. Lilliana had such a fabulous time and I hope this is a new tradition we an continue. There was a great turn out and the conductor was really nice allowing the kids to pose with her for pics after the story was read. I was so impressed how all the kids sat so still for such a long story but I think it was all the little extras that really helped.
Friday, December 04, 2009
Polar Express
The night before the St. Jude Marathon, Clay took Lilliana and I out so I could carb load at Coletta's and then we headed to Barnes and Noble for the Polar Express story time. It was so much fun and we saw so many of our friends there. The kids were to come dressed in their Christmas jammies and they were going to read Polar Express and have a craft for the kids. But, it was oh so much more. The conductor was there when we arrived and she passed out tickets to all the the kids in attendance and they had to present their tickets upon arrival of the train. Then, at the point in the book where the kids start drinking hot chocolate and eating cookies, some servers came around and passed out hot chocolate and cookies to all the kids in attendance. Afterwards, they had bells, coloring pages with crayons, letters for Santa, tattoos, and so much more to pass out. Lilliana had such a fabulous time and I hope this is a new tradition we an continue. There was a great turn out and the conductor was really nice allowing the kids to pose with her for pics after the story was read. I was so impressed how all the kids sat so still for such a long story but I think it was all the little extras that really helped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment