We are officially on the countdown until Lilliana's first birthday bash. It is 18 days from today!! I received the final proof of her invitation earlier tonight and I hope to get them in the mail this coming weekend. The dress has been purchased and hand smocked by a wonderful lady from www.etsy.com and I have purchased her the cutest little shirt to wear at another amazing store I found online. Her banner for the front door was shipped today and pictures are on order. We are having family pics made on Friday and the proofs will be back in time for the party so they can also be on display. We are doing a penguin and candy cane themed party and I just can't wait. Actually, I can wait ... I can't believe my baby is turning ONE! It just brings tears to my eyes as I type this.
This last year has gone by soooo incredibly fast and I just wish I could slow things down sometimes. I love every minute I am given with her and I just can't wait for all the fun times ahead. I feel this has definitely been the best year yet! It is crazy for me to remember what things were like this time last year. I was laid up on the couch, laying mostly on my left side and praying so diligently that Miss Priss would just stay put at least another few weeks. I was trying to figure out who was going to give me my 17 Hydroxyprogesterone shot the week of Thanksgiving since the office was going to be closed and thanks to my great friend Sarah, that worry was quickly placed aside. Clay and I did not attend dinner last year for Thanksgiving because of me being on bedrest, but it was soooo worth it.
My birthday happens to fall on Thanksgiving this year and wow do I have a lot to be thankful for! Lilliana has changed my life in more ways than I can even place into words and I hope that she will always be my little girl. I have always heard the saying that "A son is your son until he takes a wife, a daughter is a daughter for the rest of your life". I really hope this is true and that she will always want to have a close relationship with me as I do with my mom.
I love you my sweet Lilly and I can't wait for all the special times we are going to share together.
1 comment:
This is very sweet! As the mommy of a little boy, I dont like that last part, but I know what you mean! ;-) Happy Birthday to the Burchett girls and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Post a Comment