Well, 2 weeks from today, my little baby turns 1! I just can't believe how quickly time has gone by in the last year and I know it is just going to continue to fly by. We are in full swing of preparing for the birthday festivities and I do believe that I have allowed myself to get a little out of control :) The invitations are on their way, the paper products have been purchased, gifts are wrapped and penguins have been adorned with hot pink hairbows! I have received her smocked dress in the mail along with her banner for the door and so far things are all coming together.
It is all very bittersweet. This time last year I was completing my last week of complete bedrest and I was about to go stircrazy. It is amazing how quickly the last year has gone by compared to the 9 months that I was baking her in my belly. During those long 9 months I counted every single day as a milestone. My ultimate goal during pregnancy was 36 weeks, and were blessed with that, plus one day with her inutero.
My life over the past year has been spent with ...
2,190 feedings ( 32 of which were from a sippy cup, no bottles in our house :)
1,300 hours of rocking
232 loads of Lilliana's laundry
24 playgroup's
16 trips to the church nursery
4 car trip vacations
3 ear infections
2 scratches
0 teeth!
3 comments:
Melody, honey - are these figures estimates, or did you actually count them?
OK, I was half-kidding when I asked if you counted. But you DID? Seriously? Oh, my.
How on earth did you really keep up with counting all of that, I never did, I just enjoyed the moments.
Post a Comment