Thursday, November 13, 2008

11 month's young!

Wow, another month has passed and that just means we are 1 month closer to Lilliana's first birthday! I just can't believe it!! I know I say it all the time but she is growing up WAY too fast. Sometimes I wish I could just stop time, or at least slow it down some. A lot of things have changed with Miss Lilly in the last month and she is getting more beautiful and carefree everyday. This month she started using her new walker, courtesy of her Daddy, all the time. She walks everywhere with it and is unstoppable!! She is so funny and laughs all the time at her Momma and Daddy. She is really starting to eat her first bit of table food and her newest favorite is whole grain rice. I think her favorite part is that she can feed it to herself. She is quite messy in the process but at least 10% gets in the chute :)

Naps are going a little better. She is finally giving in at times and allowing herself to sleep more than 20 minutes! Usually I can rock her to sleep but as soon as I lay her down she decides that nap time is not for her!! Clay and I really think that she just really doesn't like to be by herself. Maggie, (our yorkie) is this way. We used to kennel Maggie when she was younger and she would cry constantly until she was in the room with either Clay or I. Clay thinks that we must be fun people :)

Things Lilliana is doing these days are; calling Clay and I Momma and Dadda, sometimes to the correct person. She loves her sister Maggie and every now and then we swear she says "Aggie" to call her. She loves to sing "The Wheels on the Bus" and do the hand motions along with "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and many more. We have started going to story time at Davis Kidd Bookstore here in Memphis and she absolutely loves it. We start out by singing a ton of songs and then finish up with a book. She is typically very interested the entire time and will sit in my lap listening, laughing and watching all of the older kids. She is officially drinking out of her sippy cup and I am just so proud of her. When I have been going to work at night I will leave her a cup of milk for Clay to give her and she does great with it. I guess one advantage to her not taking a bottle or a paci is the fact that it is one less thing we have to break her of. She loves to read books and dance to music, and just makes Clay and I happier everyday.

We feel so blessed to have had 11 month's with her so far and can't wait for what's to come!





No comments: