Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Weekend in Birmingham

This past weekend Clay, Lilliana and I headed down to Birmingham for one of my good friend’s bachelorette party. We headed down on Friday after Clay got off work and arrived just a couple hours before the lingerie shower. It was so nice because all of the girls from my nursing study group were able to attend so it was a great weekend of relaxing and reminiscing. Michelle and I are from Memphis and she rode down with us, then Jenn came from Baton Rouge, LA and Melissa and Katie both live in Birmingham.

On Saturday we woke up and Michelle, Clay, Lilliana and I headed over to The Summit where we enjoyed a wonderful lunch at P.F. Chang’s and then did some shopping. Unfortunately, it was during Lilliana’s afternoon naptime but she was quite the trooper. I think she already enjoys shopping almost as much as her Mommy does which could be a very bad thing for Clay in the future!

That evening we headed to Cocina Superior for drinks and dinner and rounded out the evening at The Rare Martini where we danced the night away. It was quite a busy weekend but one that I thoroughly enjoyed although I am going on only about 15 hours sleep over the past 72 hours thanks to the fact that I worked on Thursday night before we left Friday afternoon! I guess I will get caught up on sleep one of these days, maybe when Lilliana starts high school and she starts sleeping in until around 11!!


Katie, Jenn, Me (with Melissa'a corduroy bear that Lilliana wouldn't put down)
Michelle and Lilliana


Katie in her attire for the lingerie shower


Michelle and Melissa


Katie, Jenn and Melody


Melody and Melissa

I can't believe that we didn't get a single picture of all 5 of us. We will definitely have to do better at Katie's wedding the weekend of January 24th. Only 3 more weeks until Katie is married and we are all together again! Yay, I CAN'T wait!!!

No comments: