Saturday, January 10, 2009

Children's Museum

Today Lilliana and I ventured over to the Children’s Museum for a couple fun-filled hours. We received a 1 year membership for Christmas so we decided to go ahead and put it to use. Clay had a meeting that morning so it was just the 2 of us and I think Lilly had a great time. One of her favorite exhibits was the huge model of the human heart. There were buttons you could push to hear different types of heart rhythms, from a normal adult, normal child, an adult smoker’s heart, and one with an arrythmia. It was pretty neat and she would just giggle each time she heard the beats.

We played in the under 4 play-area for quite a while and met a sweet little girl named Naomi and her parents. Lilliana really enjoyed playing with her and they shared pretty well considering they were both almost the same age. She tried out the slide for the first time and wanted to go down it over and over again. We played in the pretend kitchen area and Lilliana whipped up a great lunch with her mad cooking skills. ☺ I guess she is going to take after her Mommy with her love for the kitchen.

We then headed to the reading nook where we sat together and read some great books that Lilliana doesn’t have at home and then played with some great big knob puzzles. Of course all she wanted to do was place the puzzles in her mouth and since I wouldn’t let her she got a little upset and threw a slight tantrum so I decided it was probably time to head home and us both get a well deserved afternoon nap.

On the way home we stopped at The Village Toymaker so I could look for her one of the jumbo knob puzzles and I found a great wooden one by Melissa and Doug. It has three farm animals on it, a sheep, a cow and a pig and she just loves it. We are working diligently on our animal noises so I think this will help us out some.

When we got home we both took a great afternoon nap and then afterwards Daddy came home and we had a great night together as a family. I really look forward to being able to use her pass a lot during the rest of the winter season and this summer when it’s too hot to head to the Zoo.

On a side note, I know that a lot of you who read my blog may be very surprised that I ventured out to the Children’s Museum with Lilly since I am so germaphobic but you didn’t really think I would go without my Clorox wipes and my new most favorite item do you? What is it you may ask … well none other than a travel size of Lysol! I am sure some people thought I was crazy spraying down everything before Lilly played with it but if you know me you are probably not surprised. I have already seen too many kids in the unit with RSV this season to take any chances. ☺















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toys R Us has the melissa and Doug puzzles too... I LOVE them! My son is slightly developmentally delayed and he just loves them to bits!

Anonymous said...

Toys R Us has the melissa and Doug puzzles too... I LOVE them! My son is slightly developmentally delayed and he just loves them to bits!