Well after Melissa's wedding weekend in Jackson, we decided to head down to the beach for a couple of days for some sun and relaxation. The weather was beautiful and we really enjoyed ourselves. The last time we headed down to the beach was when I had just found out that we were expecting Lilliana so it was a much needed trip. Lilliana was great on the drive down there, but her impression of the beach was another story. We arrived around 5:00 on Sunday and we went straight out to the beach. The first thing Clay did was take her down near the water so she could see the ocean. She did not like this at all and started crying almost immediately. I then took her and she calmed down quickly but I think she was just in sensory overload. Then we decided to see what she thought of the sand and she let us know pretty quickly her impression of that also. She was so pitiful. It just broke my heart to see her get so upset. For a minute there I got worried that we had driven all the way down to the beach and that we weren't even going to be able to go down there but she quickly got used to the noise.
The following morning we decided to try the beach again and this time we decided to not even try and introduce Missy Prissy to the sand again. We brought our neat sheet, cabanna, princess seat (AKA bumbo), baby pool and almost everything imaginable down to the beach and we had a wonderful day! After being down there about 45 minutes she started to get fussy but I knew it was about naptime so I layed her in the cabanna and low and behold she fell asleep. I guess she did like the sound of the waves afterall :) We were able to stay at the beach most of the 3rd day and went up to the pool around 3:00. We were having a great time until I realized the real reason her swim diaper was leaking ............ we'd had a massive explosion and Clay and I agreed it was probably time to head back upstairs. That evening we ate at The Crab Trap and then headed back to the hotel to back and get ready tohead back to Memphis the following morning.
Overall it was a wonderful trip and I think Lilliana thoroughly enjoyed it afterall!
No comments:
Post a Comment