Sunday, July 13, 2008

7 month's young!

Today my little girl is 7 month's young. I still can't believe how quickly the time has flown. She is so much fun and I am enjoying every minute I am given with her.  There have been quite a few changes in her this month and I am beginning to have a difficult time keeping up with her if you know what I mean :)  She is sitting like a champ and has finally taken to eating something other than breast milk.  We are still nursing, which is continuing to go great but she is also now receiving some oatmeal and a fruit for breakfast and oatmeal and a vegetable for dinner.  I have actually made most of her baby food and I have really enjoyed it.  I purchase a lot of her fruits, because I don't like when they turn brown in the freezer but I have purchased some bananas and blueberries fresh to mash up for her.  We are also trying to feed her mostly organic.  I know it is more expensive, but I want to try and give her the best start possible so I just figure it is a sacrifice that we are willing to make.  I purchase her the Earth's Best Oatmeal and have just bought and steamed fresh and frozen organic veggies.  I then place them in ice-cube trays and freeze them before placing them in freezer Ziploc bags.  It is really nice because one bag of frozen veggies makes a ton of baby food and I also am able to puree it to my liking.  I am hoping that it is going to help her with possible texture issues later in life.  It is also so much cheaper than buying baby food, and it has helped Clay and I to eat a little bit healthier since I have more fresh fruits and vegetables around the house these days.  
I feel like her growth has really slowed down a lot lately.  When we went in a month ago for her 6 month check-up she was in the 10 - 25% and I am already a little worried about where she will be when we go back.  We don't have another scheduled appointment until September which will be her 9 month check-up.  I am hoping that in the next month or 2 after some more baby food that she will at least stay on her growth curve and keep this worried momma happy :)  

No comments: