Monday, January 21, 2008


Clay and I went to get ice cream
the other night and even though
we didn't even get out of the car
I guess I thought Lilliana needed
to stay toasty warm!


Practicing our tummy time


I caught her smiling at her Daddy!




Well Lilliana and I continue to do well. She is growing like a weed. When I weighed her on Friday she was up to almost 8 pounds! I guess, there is no doubt that she is getting enough to eat. Lately we have had a few problems with either colic, or some of the things I am eating are starting to hurt her belly. I have decided to stay away from spicy foods and things that may hurt her belly so we will just see if that solves the problem. On Saturday night she cried for almost 4 hours off and on and I just could not calm her. After the first hour I would just cry right along with her as I felt so bad for her that I couldn't calm her. Usually, all I have to do is pick her up and hold her if she is crying but nothing was working that night. She kept drawing her little legs up and had not pooped all day so it could have been a combination of it all. Finally around midnight she fell asleep on her daddy's chest on the couch were she slept for the night. We tried laying her down in her bed around 2:00 but she immediately woke up and started screaming so we decided it wasn't worth it. Then when she woke up on Sunday she was a new woman so we will just have to see. I am praying that it is not colic and that I just ate something that didn't agree with her. On Sunday afternoon, I decided to get out for an hour or so and run to the mall and left Lilliana with Clay. Shortly after I left I recieved a text message saying that he thought she was feeling better as she unloaded her 2 days worth of poop on him! That's my girl :) She continues to be such a joy and I just love every minute I have with her.

3 comments:

Mama Grizzly said...

Bless your heart! It's so hard w/newborns 'cause sometimes you just don't know what's hurting them. My son always needed the "football hold where you palm is on their tummy and their head is at the crook of the arm. That seemed to provide enough pressure to his tummy to give him relief. Almost 8 pounds, huh? Adam was 8 pounds and 8 was 8 lbs 5 at BIRTH! I had little chunkey monkeys - and they were SO tiny to me!!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

HAHA! Jacks did the same thing to Travis one day when he was feeling bad, poop was everywhere!

Jesse said...

She is absolutely precious, and I know you are enjoying every minute! :)

Melody
Houston, TX