Well as many of you know, last Wednesday was Cooper's original due date. Clay and I "celebrated" the day by going to the cemetary and bringing some balloons and a small bear for Coop that said "It's a Boy" and had a baseball in his paw. We tied some of the balloons onto the vase that is there and then released some other balloons so that Cooper could play with them in Heaven. The day for the most part was very peaceful and we are very thankful for that. I definately am very glad that it is another week and we have it behind us for now. I really feel like the weeks leading up to his due date were much worse than the actual day. I think I really had myself worked up about how I would feel on that day. The truth is that I most likely would of had Cooper before his due date because after he was born prematurely they told me that he would have been a huge baby and there was no way I would have gone to term.
We are thankful that we are not just starting this rollercoaster ride with multiple heart surgeries. I would not have wanted him to be repaired at the hospital where I work and I would not of had a choice because he would have been so sick after delivery. Also, the heart surgeon that was consulted after we found out about Cooper's defect has since gone to another hospital to practice so it would have been very difficult to allow someone that I don't know much about care for my child. Clay and I do realize that everything happens for a reason and just pray that in God's perfect timing he will grant us with another full-term, heart healthy child. I know we are asking for a lot but we really feel like the Lord will grant us this :)
Clay and I were able to get away last week to Hot Springs for the weekend. He had a dealer meeting there in celebration of those who sell for Woodson and Bozeman (Clay's company). It was very nice to get away and I was able to get a bath and massage while he was in meetings all day Friday. I am also happy to mention that he recieved the award for Territory Manager of the Year at the meeting!!! I was so proud of his as he didn't start selling until April of last year so he really had a lot of ground to make up for. He is so not proud and kinda just smiled for the picture with his "bronze eagle" and then put it under the table. I on the other hand was extremely excited and have been telling everyone I know.
Thank you soooo much to everyone who sent cards, phoned us and left sweet messages, and sent e-mails letting Clay and I know you were thinking of us last week. We are past one BIG date and feel that we handled it well through the grace of God.
God Bless,
Forever Cooper's Mommy Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment